[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can my company force me to go to their annual party? We are gonna

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: company party.jpg (488KB, 850x565px) Image search: [Google]
company party.jpg
488KB, 850x565px
Can my company force me to go to their annual party? We are gonna get split into groups and each one has to do some kind of performance liking singing or dancing. How can I get out of this dumb ass event?
>>
>>1976944
Say you have family plans?

I mean if they aren't paying you then you shouldn't be required to go, but you may face "repercussions" however major, minor, or nonexistent they may be.

I suggest acting like this "event" you had planned is a big deal and you're really bummed you'll miss out on this event. I'm sure you'll be fine but you know your jobs culture better than we do.
>>
Just say I'm seeing my family that night. It's really not hard

Or don't be a little bitch and just go
>>
I would just not show up and not mention it but I'm a complete autist
>>
>>1976967

>im a complete autist

Yeah, that's the problem. I can't handle a social situation to save my life, no idea how I even got this job.
>>
>>1976996
For me getting the job is the easy part. I now what they expect and can fake that person. Once I get the job everyone realizes I'm weird because I can't do the joking around / friendly banter that takes place in the less formal setting. it just doesn't make sense to my brain.
>>
>>1976967
>>1976996
>>1977006

Most people just want to be listened too. Laughing with people and subtle compliments are the way to everyone's hearts. Go read How To Win Friends and Influence People. It's not a meme book. Or keep looking for excuses.
>>
>>1976996
Lol. Well captain autism. Have a friend come visit from out of town. Tell everyone it was unexpected and make sure to throw up a few fb or snaps about it so they think its real.
>>
>>1976944
80% of life is just showing up anon.

If you go to the party nobody will really talk about it afterwards, maybe for a few days. If you don't show up people wil be talking about it for months and the next time some sort of "fun activity" is planned. "Oh yeah, you weren't there last time, hurrr durrr."

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather listen to my mom beg for mercy while someone is killing her, than do shit with my coworkers outside of work. But just bite the bullet, put on a front, smile every now and then and act like an oblivious normie.
>>
>>1977006

What seems so natural for most people feels like an impossible task for me. I can feel just how creeped out people are talking to me (no smile, wanting to end the conversation ASAP and move on etc).

If I was still the high-school/college me, then I wouldn't give a fuck, but when it starts affecting my career, then it's kinda bad.
>>
File: 1491503970335.png (407KB, 841x407px) Image search: [Google]
1491503970335.png
407KB, 841x407px
>>1976944
> not nailing your hot coworker at the annual company party
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.