[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets assume for a moment we're living in a Libertarian Paradise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: taxationistheft.jpg (27KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
taxationistheft.jpg
27KB, 300x300px
Lets assume for a moment we're living in a Libertarian Paradise and there was no taxation whatsoever. What would happen?
>>
Ideally people would continue to make a living for themselves but all kinds of traditionally tax funded services would be nonexistent, including education and healthcare, instead being relegated to entrepeneurial folks who will ask what they deem to be the fitting price for their services. And with no overbearing regulatory bodies to keep them in check aside from morals, they could ask whatever the fuck they want. Elites and proles.
>>
File: raisetheflag.jpg (192KB, 1024x547px) Image search: [Google]
raisetheflag.jpg
192KB, 1024x547px
>>1976861

Without taxation the state doesn't exist. The states purpose to act as asset protection for the owners of capital via the enforcement of contracts and rule of law through a monopoly on force.

The 1% would quickly discover the Hamptons aren't a defensible position.
>>
Most libertarians I know don't advocate for no taxation. They just advocate for gutting government spending and taxing much less. Most libertarians aren't pure ideological libertarians.

Johnson isn't an ideologue, and he was nominated twice.
>>
>>1976861
No police, so the rate of robbery would skyrocket
>>
Bigger companies would claim part of the former state and rule in its stead. Peolpe would sell themselves for food and protection in exchange for work-slavery.
Smaller patches of anarchic regions would be tolerated to motivate people to continue to work for the companies.
You can find similar scenarios in science fiction books. For me, it sounded highly plausible.
>>
>>1976915
>You can find similar scenarios in science fiction books.

Its called fiction for a reason m8
>>
>>1976920
>fictional scenarios can NEVER happen

okay buddy
>>
goverment is simply the local dominant force.
You can't avoid having one as someone will always sit on top.

>>1976861
>What would happen?
Either you get raped&killed, create your own dominant gang or you pay someone bigger for protection, you won't solo gangs like in a action movie when they come for you.

It's the same dynamic from personal to a nation level. Either you band together to create a dominant force / join the dominant one or you get taken over one by one by the stronger invaders.
>>
>>1976920
With this point of view it would never make sense to argue over hypothetical scenarios.
>>
>>1976871
Nice
>>
File: opm_vs_everyone.png (675KB, 1119x768px) Image search: [Google]
opm_vs_everyone.png
675KB, 1119x768px
>>1976871
>mfw it costs you 10 billion dollars to read this comment
>>
>>1976861
MUH ROADS
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.