[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My dad entrusted me to manage his rental properties. Now there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: jewdad.jpg (32KB, 609x343px) Image search: [Google]
jewdad.jpg
32KB, 609x343px
My dad entrusted me to manage his rental properties. Now there is a couple of hundred dollars in security deposits which cant be accounted for, because I made a mistake and fucked up my records. Dad isn't too worried about the money per se, but I can tell that he thinks I stuck my hand in the cookie jar. I didn't do that, but I have no way to prove it, because of my own incompetence. Fuck.
>>
>>1975603
try harder next month mayb big daddy will love you again
>>
>>1975603
Have him take it out of your check, retard.
>>
>>1975603
take all his money and put it in bitbean.

he'll thank you later.
>>
>>1975615
yeah that is going to happen, but the shame and distrust will persist
>>
>>1975603
Well we're sort off in the same situation. My advice would be: Just explain it to him, explain what you did, what you thought you were doing and why you fucked up. *Honest mistake dad. Won't happen again.*

I manage the finances of my dad. Pay his bills, manage his stock portfolio and make sure rent is collected from his 3 rental properties. He can't be bothered with it. He'd rather shove horseshit than go through paperwork for 1 hour a week, atleast that's what he says.

He keeps a close eye on it though, he can see all the payments on his smartphone, every now and then asks a question "what what this for, what was that for, oh insurance for property X? Okay".

I sometimes fuck up. Pay a bill from the wrong bank account or whatever. I just tell him, he's like, "that's okay kid, just fix the mistake."

I do all this shit for free though.
>>
File: 1470506227743.png (3KB, 448x357px) Image search: [Google]
1470506227743.png
3KB, 448x357px
>>1975662
>I do all this shit for free though.
is your day going to drop dead any time soon though?
>>
File: sad rich pepe.jpg (247KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
sad rich pepe.jpg
247KB, 1024x768px
>>1975696
>is your day going to drop dead any time soon though?

You mean my dad? He's 66 years old, with hart problems, hypertension, diabetes, 40kg overweight, the worst shit diet you could think off (litterally eating french fries every day for dinner and no fruits and vegies at all) and had colon cancer in the past.

So he won't be around for long I think. Makes me sad to think about.
>>
>>1975715
I get that. I guess all good father/son relationships are a bit weird. The old man is my best friend and he has raised into a capable, confident, and competent man, but when I am in his presence and especially when I have screwed something up I turn into a spineless little beta.
>>
By the way, I solved my accounting error, all is fucking well. I sent an email to my dad, I guess he'll get it in the morning, he's gone to bed while I am up stressing out about that money.
>>
>>1975823
Who cares its your dad tell him you took it to buy some hookers and fuck off
>>
>>1975603
You fucked up.
If something like this happens you need to immediately apologize and say that if you cant find it then you will pay out of pocket to cover the loss.
You should be more worried about him being disappointed that you fucked up than worrying that you stole the money.
If you are worried that he thinks you stole the money then he will naturally start thinking thats what you did.
>>
>>1975818
Same here, I'm competent in my own but when I'm near my father I turn beta for some reason. That's probably the sign of a good father. He teaches you to be competent but he'll always be there to help you out and give decent advise
>>
>>1975881
Eh, I agree, but sometimes they are just contrarians. I've gotten into some loud debates across the dinner table, but at the end of the day he is right because he is the old man.
>>
>>1975910
It sucks really. Father's like ours are slowly dieing and a bunch of numale dad's are gonna take over. How can one give guidance if you've never received it.
>>
I once lost 90k for a geo/env consulting corporation and i still have my job. Youll be fine, stick to tnr truth
>>
>>1975910
>>1975918
>How can one give guidance if you've never received it.
This is exactly how I feel, and my baby rabies gf doesn't seem to acknowledge that it's a valid feel.

t. unironically raised by lesbians
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.