[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Be living with grandfather >He hasn't retired yet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: evil phone stock photo.jpg (115KB, 1287x1300px) Image search: [Google]
evil phone stock photo.jpg
115KB, 1287x1300px
>Be living with grandfather
>He hasn't retired yet
>Warns me about this phone scam going around, where a solicitor will ask you a question to confirm something minor- for instance, something along the lines of "Am I speaking to the man of the house?"- and uses the 'yes' they get from that as proof that yes, you bought something of your own free will
>He's at work
>Get a phone call
"Hello?"
>"...Can you hear me?"
>Think the voice belongs to my brother
>Doesn't sound professional, or pre-recorded, or anything of the sort
"Yeah, I can hear you, who is this?"
>Other end of the line immediately launches into a blatantly pre-recorded sales pitch involving back pain, that lights up twenty-five hundred red flags and alarm bells in my head
>Hang up
>Tfw I was hit by that 'yes' scam

What do I do, /biz/?
>>
Keep an eye on your accounts and be ready to dispute any charges.
>>
>>1974741
Sounds like you just agreed to be part of the next Apple human centipede.

Prepare to lose both your kidneys in your sleep.
>>
>>1974741

Dude, you got hit with a telemarketing call like that? I got hit with a call like that one time, and my life was ruined. Probably best to change your identity.

I don't know if any other anons had an experience like mine, hope they share as a firm warning to others.

Be careful, bud.
>>
>>1974765

OP is sloppy. Answered "yes" on a question over the phone?!!!

Grandpa best give this kid a good ass-whipping as a lesson.
>>
>>1974769
It's a real scam, moron.
He's going to get something stupid charged to his account.
>>
>>1974799

That's hurtful. Bad enough I had my credit and life ruined by a phone call, don't need you to tell me I was a moron. I'm well aware I was a moron.
>>
>>1974799
Not necessarily. They need to have matching account information to do that. They do know that his number is live now though.
>>
>>1974807

It would be best for him to not answer the phone ever again. Or at least until he's mature enough to recognize there are some real cretins in the world.

This ain't the comic books. It's real life, boy.
>>
>>1974824
I don't answer the phone unless it's a number I recognize or I'm expecting a call.
>>
>Answering the phone in 2017
>>
>>1974824
>>1974806
I don't understand what point you're trying to make.

>>1974807
Supposedly the "yes" is all they need for whatever jewery they do.
I haven't looked into the details, though.
>>
>>1975180

Yeah, they will go ahead and charge your debit card that is already on file from when you last ordered off of Amazon.
>>
>>1974741
No, it's bullshit
>>
>>1975180

You must be related to the OP. What's so hard to understand here? Papaw told this faggot not to answer the phone and tell his life story.

And what does faggot do? Answers the phone and now grandpa is going to lose everything. EVERYTHING. Worked his whole life, and because his grandson wanted to play talk show host over the phone, his life is ruined.

Do you understand now?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.