[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>finally get a part time job working min wage >saving up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

>finally get a part time job working min wage
>saving up for university
>"When are you getting a car anon?" - normie coworkers
>"Hey anon, you should buy a brand new 2017 car now that you have a job!" - my mom who is jobless and single but wants to be a housewife
>work is literally 1 hour bus ride
>if i lost my job i'd get fucked in the ass by loan payments
>social outcast with no friends, who the fuck am i going to drive to?
are they going to start asking me to get married soon?
>>
>>1973462
just tell them to fuck off and that you like taking the bus
>>
Buying a car made in tje last two years is awful value
>>
Same situation I used to be in. Used to take me about 2-2.5 hours to get to work due to waiting at the bus stops, and then I would spend money on the way for fast food on top of my bus fare.

Eventually I decided that the pay didn't justify the distance, and found something closer. Now I can walk to work. Fast food is still a problem, but I'm working on it.

If at all possible I'd try to find something closer to home and live as frugally as possible.
>>
>>1973462
if you're looking for a car, my advice is get one 2-3 years old, best bang for your buck; that 1hr bus ride exposes you to dregs of society, potential terror attack and takes away from your sleep/free time
car depreciation (in Europe):
1st year: 22%
2nd year: 20%
3rd year: 10% (I think)
and so on
sell it at 6 years old, repeat
>>
>>1973476
I doubt I'll be able to find something better and closer. When it was easter there were 3 days that I sat down for 4 hours doing nothing and then took a 1 hour lunch break because the office wasn't busy.
>>
Easy answer to this one, what looks expensive and makes you look cooler, what makes it clear you don't want a family, and all for less than 10k

Get a fucking Motorbike
>>
buy a vespa
>>
File: 205 (1).jpg (55KB, 542x616px) Image search: [Google]
205 (1).jpg
55KB, 542x616px
>>1973488
>>
File: bg_slice07.jpg (310KB, 1680x1118px) Image search: [Google]
bg_slice07.jpg
310KB, 1680x1118px
>>1973488

I should add, if you live in a state that allows filtering (going in between cars) it's the fastest way of travel by far.

Pic related is 10k and is top of the line (don't start learning on one though)
>>
>>1973488
>>1973494
>>1973497
great idea if the season lasts throughout the year, otherwise it's a pain during cold months both health-wise and safety-wise
>>
>>1973462
Dude. Take the bus or do like me. 2002 crown vic. 5 years ago got for $2,000 bucks. Drive the piss out of it. Have 5k in the bank. I blow it up i will go get another for 3-4k. No buses here.
>>
>>1973462
you are doing better than me. keep it up
>>
>>1973868
that's what i'm thinking about. just don't want to end up with a shit box that breaks down
>>
>>1974252
Mid 2000s Ford Focus or Crown Vic then. Focus will last up to 300k+ miles, Crown Vic's are usually well taken care of retired police cars. Have. A 5k budget. 3-4k for decent car, 1-2k for innevitable repairs because it's a used car.
>>
>>1974252
Just get a high quality Toyota/Honda. They fucking last forever. It might cost a bit more than other cars of similar age, but they fucking last forever. My uncle is 280K miles strong on his Camry.
>>
>>1973462
they want you to get in the rat race too so that they feel better about being in it themselves.

fuck that shit. two things you need to do now
>save money. ideally, enough to cover 6 months expenses, even more is better
>try to increase your income, i.e. find a better-paying job or work more hours if possible.
>>
Also don't get a sports car. They'll always be super cheap used, but that's because they're unreliable piece of shits that get treated like shit on the road and at tracks. Their maintenance is high as well. Also the insurance will fuck you over if you're a young adult male. Same goes for luxury cars which are always cheap used. The only type of car that is really cheap used that you should fuck with is a manual transmission if you know how to drive one.
>>
File: drakememe2.jpg (24KB, 632x416px) Image search: [Google]
drakememe2.jpg
24KB, 632x416px
>>1973462
LOL
I know this cuck at work who bought a used luxury vehicle as soon as he joined. Actually I know another one like him too. Both had to sell in two years because "muh premium gas". I can't believe people are that dumb.

I drive an econobox, paid in full when I bought it and dont understand what kind of consumerist whore has to take on debt to buy a used luxury car instead. I mean if you have the money to buy a luxury car - all the power to you. But if you have to take on debt just to show off, thats idiotic
>>
>>1973462
Hi OP, not sure where you live but don't be an auto cuck like most people

>2015+2
>go to a dealer
>finance a brand new kia washing machine for $0 down!
>$25k left to go even though car just lost $10k in value leaving the lot

auctions and private sells, my friend. i got my last car for $900 cash

also the jews have been robbing young people of high car insurance premiums for years. as always, there is seemingly no other choice.
>>
>>1973497
Lol if $10k buys a top of the line Ducati I'll shit into a milkshake and drink the entire thing in 1 gulp.

Once he buys it for $15k+tax, he'll need to spend $500 per month on collision and theft insurance because those bikes are magnets for retarded behavior so the premiums are mental

Cbr300r is about $4k out the door, $20 per month to insure.

Bike is good cheap solution for op, but not a Ducati
>>
>>1974252
Shit son. I blew air bags and then being lazy a compressor. Could easily put coils off a cop car on it bit it rides like a smooth sailing boat so i soent $500 on bags. That is all i have sone to it. If it starts giving you trouble buu another shitbox with a blown motor or tranny off cl for $500 and swao motors or whatever. Its not easy, but if hou have any friends that wrench or willing to learn u can get by with shit nothing in a car.

2002 crown vic
1974 olds limo
2003 acura mdx
2000 blazer
1985 c10.

I keep all these running with no car payments.

One breaks down drag it home and jumo in another. Fix it on the weekend. Maybe 100 a month in parts.

The vic is the best car i ever had. If u got 5 or 6k for a 2011 you are gold for 10 years
>>
>>1973462

do you have gf?
>>
>>1973462
>listening to normie cucks
>>
>>1974365
top of the line duc is 69k here, that panigale 899 isn't exactly cheap either

I'd suggest a maxi scooter, say 250cc or 350cc, is the best way to go for commuter use:
-allows for regular footwear use
-low operation and maintenance costs
-twist and go, fun and suitable for beginners
-low center of gravity, easy to control
-loads of storage space under the seat and elsewhere
-great protection from the elements, comfort extras like blankets also available
>>
>>1973488
Dawg I live in Texas where it's regularly triple digits during the summer.

I'd die in safety gear outside
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.