[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys I have a simple question: Will the Iraqi Dinar ever reevaluate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: all_dinar_notes.jpg (28KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
all_dinar_notes.jpg
28KB, 300x300px
Guys I have a simple question:

Will the Iraqi Dinar ever reevaluate for us in the U.S.?

My dad bought over a thousand dollars worth of this sand nigger money back in 06, along with a lot of my other family members.

Based on my own research its a goddamn scam by these currency dealers. The one my dad bought his from runs a website and live stream show for updates on their investment.

Growing up, I've watched this guy make a fucking living off stringing people like my dad along. I feel terrible because I just want to tell my dad its all a ruse, but he has so much hope for it and its been over a decade he has been waiting for it.

So don't hold back. Just hit me with the hard truth. Am I right or is there a possibility of it reevaluating.
>>
>>1972182
Wut wus the question
Huhuhuhu
>>
Why did your dad buy currency from some random guy they are all listed on nyse lmao
>>
>>1972204
I know its elementary to you but my dad doesn't know about stocks and all that shit.

I just wanna know if he's being scammed like I think he is.
>>
At this point he may as well keep them even if they don't reevaluate since its been so long but is it realistic to expect them to gain value?
>>
File: 849d12691b[1].png (5KB, 356x178px) Image search: [Google]
849d12691b[1].png
5KB, 356x178px
I wanted to look up an IQD/USD chart to see how much value it's lost and I found these search suggestions.
So yes, it sounds like this is a common scam, although I'd never heard of it.

Also, when I checked Wikipedia for the currency code, I found a section saying that it is a well-known scam listed as such by several state governments as well as the Better Business Bureau.
>These alerts warn potential investors that there is no place outside of Iraq to exchange their dinar, that they are typically sold by dealers at inflated prices and that there is little to substantiate the claims of significant appreciation of their investment due to revaluation of the currency.

Also:
>Since Iraq has few exports other than oil, which is sold in dollars, there is little demand for dinars and they remain in "exotic" status. However the new currency has sparked a multimillion-dollar industry in selling dinars to speculators. These so-called "money service" companies will sell dinar to speculators at an inflated price and push the idea that the dinar will "RV" or be revalued to greatly increase the exchange rate against the dollar. As of January 2016 the dinar is pegged to the dollar at a rate of 1182/1180 (sell/buy) dinars per dollar.[3] The current exchange rate is published by the Central Bank of Iraq on its English-language home page. The exchange rate reportedly available on the streets of Iraq is around 1,300 dinars per U.S. dollar.

What was the exchange rate your dad bought at?
>>
>>1972396
Sorry I stopped monitoring for a bit but he got like 100,000 for 1000 I think
>>
>>1972979
He got bent over a barrel and raped. That shit's worth less than 10% of what he paid for it.

Iraq is a shithole country with no industry and no exports so the dinar is not going up.
>>
>>1972984
Yup I figured. I tried telling him once and he wouldn't believe me. He's so enthralled with it that it would probably break him if he found out the last 10 years was a joke. Oh well. This is rather depressing.
>>
>>1973014
That's pretty pathetic, dude.
He's never even looked the exchange rate up?
>>
>>1973021
Yeah he's waiting for the reevaluation so the exchange rate will be 1 for 1 or 1iqd for 3 usd. This fucking scammer gets on conference calls and live streams and gives updates and keeps them "informed". Its always right around the corner. After the first few times it was supposed to hit and it didn't I did my own research and then I tried to show my dad and he didn't believe me. At this point I'm kind of repeating myself. I got the answer I knew all along. At least he's financially stable and not depending on it to reevaluate
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.