[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is a quadplex the key to freedom? I'm debating buying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

Is a quadplex the key to freedom?

I'm debating buying a quadplex, in a college town, renting out three of the rooms to cover all of my expenses, and working part time for beer money. Is their a flaw in this plan? I want to be a bum, but not destitute. Is there any reason the income from a quad plex, wouldn't be able to sustain me in the future?

I have very frugal tastes. An ideal day for me involves a long bike ride, a cold beer, and some college pussy. So if I can dodge the rat race, why not?
>>
>>1968493
your not considering all the extra coata and fees of being a landlord, not to mention the ass exensive property taxes and actually filling all your rooms. if something breaka, your going to be getting calls at 2 pm to fix it. you arent going to be getting good tenants AND making good rent, especially in a college town. expect parties and peolle selling drugs out of your duplex. when some college kid trashes one of your apartments and skips town, you'll be the one cleaning up AND paying cor the repairs. Its hard asspain work and youll still be broke and probably not be profitable even.

short answer: no, you retard.
>>
>>1968493

As long as the price of the finished building is only 50x the monthly rental rate, its hard to lose money. If the cost of the building is more than 100x monthly rent you will be most likely losing money every month after accounting for shit like amortized roof replacement costs and bullshit like that.

100% of landlords that lose money got there by paying too much for the building up front.
>>
>>1968513
I would live in the house. I don't care about parties or noise, but drug dealing would be easy to stop, and prevent. Home repair is a hobby of mine, so fixing a leaky faucet or replacing a furnace is no big deal. If someone bails on me I'll keep their deposit, and paint the room and rent it out again. I could charge more in a college town per room than any other city. Two rooms will easily cover the mortgage, and taxes.
>>
>>1968529
Thanks for the numbers. I'll keep that in mind. I was debating a really nice house, but it costs three times a cheaper home, and would only bring in about 400 more a month. I'll go with a more affordable option, and dump my profits back into the home.
>>
>>1968493
Hidden cameras in every room
Lift to overpower bfs
Enslave m and f for if necessary for nonconsensual Web based sexy time show. I'll pay $5 /mo to watch if there's lots of rape
>>
>>1968572
Parr of my motivation for this is to be surrounded by college girls.
>>
File: 1486316280861.png (30KB, 547x603px) Image search: [Google]
1486316280861.png
30KB, 547x603px
>>1968555

>checked friendo

By the way, you can completely ignore everything this guy >>1968513 said, other than it will be noisy late night. Literally every rental property on earth is workable, as long as you get the right price up front. Expect to be renting to drug dealers who get evicted due to prison time? Increase your vacancy rate in your formula. Expensive property taxes? work it into your monthly cash flow projection. You can 100% make money even renting to crack fiends, as long as you can tolerate working with human garbage. Again, it all comes down to upfront costs.
>>
>>1968588
And a good day to you sir, enjoy your dubs.

I view the human element as a big plus. I don't want to leave my college town. I don't want kids, to a women who will leave me. I also don't want to live alone, or with sad bachelors my age. I'd rather live with college kids, and tend bar in town.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.