[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would it be possible to create a security based on anticipated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: sad_bee.jpg (48KB, 474x700px)
sad_bee.jpg
48KB, 474x700px
Would it be possible to create a security based on anticipated meme popularity? Like if there was an online exchange site where new or old memes could be submitted, given an arbitrary amount of stock initially funded by the user with bitcoin and then traded based on the anticipated popularity of the meme.

The biggest problem would be getting people on board since the security would only be valuable if there was a continuous demand for it. But people wanted Dogecoin because it was a meme, demand for it was in large part due to it's current popularity as a meme.

What do you think? Is there any reason this would not be possible biz?
>>
why would anyone buy a meme stock
>>
>>1968240
why would anyone buy a meme coin?
>>
>>1968255
too young to do real stocks
>>
>>1968240
The idea would be to somehow correlate popularity with value. People would be buying into the swing in popularity, with the expectation that there are other people who think they can make a quick turn around in profit by buying into the meme when it's new and selling shortly after.

Think about pepe. Pepe's been around for a long time and has had many resurgences and popularity spikes. When pepe was deemed a hate symbol it's popularity spiked, people who buy the stock would be betting that another 'pepe' related event would occur which raises the value of the security.

The whole thing is contingent on having enough liquidity in the market, which would be difficult to get started since the underlying asset is essentially worthless. But the way futures or other securities work is on the same process really, people buy with the expectation that there will always be other people buying.

Maybe a controlled approach would be better, where the 'meme' stocks are given an 'ipo' by the exchange, and people are able to buy based on what they think it will be worth.

For example you could buy a %10 stake in 'Cash me outside' for $0.01 of bitcoin, which would set the bar of entry pretty low. Someone may want to buy your stake at $0.02 if something happens like the girl gets arrested or something. Then if she tells the judge to 'cash me outside' and it goes viral again, the stake may be worth $0.03 to someone which the anticipation that more stuff will happen.

I just think it would be neat to create monetized memes.
>>
>>1968294
Still make more gains than the random gen X fag with his index fund.
>>
I've found this project which seems very promising - https://github.com/peatio/peatio. Might be a bit buggy though. Luckily it's written with Rails w/ mongodb so should be easy to extend. I'll try to get it running later today and update the thread with an evaluation of the software.
>>
So essentially a crypto for every new meme?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.