[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have managed to save £10k. I have a stable job but job security

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: mmm.jpg (34KB, 640x377px) Image search: [Google]
mmm.jpg
34KB, 640x377px
I have managed to save £10k. I have a stable job but job security is worry due to parent company takeover.

I know it's not a lot but what can I do with the £10k to make it go further? I have 0 experience with stocks, shares, bonds etc. Is there anything relatively "safe" I can do or is it all a higher risk game if I want to make it grow?
>>
>>1963586
Not much tbqh. Use this money to get a new qualification/certification.
>>
>>1963586
>10k
Hey good job! To answer your question I would buy a car so you can be an uber driver. Or some beehives so you can sell honey
>>
There is no such thing as safe

That 9 to 5, 20% savings, 5% investment returns strategy isn't safe either, as the 2008 recession clearly demonstrates

Stocks, shares, bonds are for maintaining wealth, not for building wealth. You're not a millionaire so ignore them for now.

Start a business, or enjoy your wageslavery. Those are your only 2 options
>>
>>1963586
buy CBX - crypto bullion
will turn it into £100k easy
>>
In a couple of years Ill have another 10k saved which would then give me enough to put a deposit down on another house/apartment with the aim of renting it out. Would this be a good/bad idea for someone resigned to the wageslave life who will never run his own business?
>>
>>1963629
There's not much profit in that. You need loads of houses for it to be worthwhile. You'll be earning like £50-100 a month at best after mortgage, maintenance, upkeep, gaps between tenancy etc.

It's why so many buy-to-let idiots struggle with money despite having like 15 properties with tenants.

A lot of it is a gamble on the value of the property rising sharply. London has given people the false impression that it's the norm. Houses around my families area are worth less than they were before the crash in 07/08

If you can afford to buy them outright though, it's generally a decent investment.

Renting to neetbux claimants is a bad idea as well. It used to be extremely profitable and you could pull 10% returns comfortable by charging the maximum. Then the government had the fantastic idea of giving them the rent money directly to the druggies, instead of to the landlord.
>>
>>1963629
I dont know where you live but beware, if you are in country side, rural area renting out a house might not be as easy as it sounds
>>
>>1963586

Halifax Sharedealing ISA costs just £12.50 a year, and £12.50 per trade

They offer all the usual Vanguard, Blackrock etc ETF / funds

You could do £5k Vanguard FTSE 250 (0.1% OCF) and £5k Blackrock Asia Pacific (0.23% OCF)
>>
Thanks for the info all
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.