[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About some months ago I made a huge $102,000 profit on a single

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (53KB, 618x340px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 618x340px
About some months ago I made a huge $102,000 profit on a single forex trade. Just when I tried to close the trade and lock in the profit my broker's server conveniently crashed and I was unable to do anything for several hours. When I was finally able to log back into my account I find out that my position was closed but at $1300 profit. The slimy fucks said it was within their rights to close my position at a "reasonable price" under force majeur circumstances because their server crashed during that time.

I've been trying to find a lawyer who could take my case but turns out the broker's defence is ironclad because of the force majeur excuse and that I was still "well compensated" with a $1300 profit for their fuck up and any court won't sympathize with me.

So what do now /biz/? Should I just swallow up my pride and let it go or keep fighting?
>>
>>1963474
It's your fault for trading through a scummy forex broker. You're trading in their interpretation of the market rather than the actual market. Trade directly or not at all.
>>
>>1963498
It's true.
This happened to me with a scummy broker.
Moved to a ECN with Metatrader that was regulated in a western country, never looked back.
>>
While we are on the topic lads, what are one of the best brokers in terms of low spread and 0 commission?

I want to get started but don't know who to choose.

Also I can only depost up to 200 dollars in my account.

Any suggestions?
>>
>>1964048
I did a few months with oanda, they have all the credentials for being the standard NYUS broker. Spreads/etc didn't count as much to me as having a secure account so it worked rather well for me. They also have their own platform, fxtrade, that doesn't look like a pile of shit so it's clear to me they are at least trying to make the experience of flushing your money down the toilet a pleasant one.
>>1963474
>Should I just swallow up my pride and let it go or keep fighting?
Psychologically you're estimating the 'loss' of that money 2.5 times the amount of any win, according to studies. It's basic psychology but if you're planning to be a trader and not a lawyer you should expect that this sort of thing happens and work on your next trade rather than trying to mourn the money 'lost'. In my opinion in my time trading forex, you don't make any money until you withdraw from the broker, everything up until that point is money with a death warrant on it.
>>
>>1963474
What is the name of the company?
>Sorry to hear bro.
>>
>>1963474
currencies involved?
>>
>>1963474

I would talk to a few lawyers about it. My brother is a securities lawyer. Some cases some lawyers will take and others will not.

Mostly this depends on your contract, what you signed up for with the account.

If there is legitimate schemery happening try to find evidence or others who were effected. If you can gather this you could lodge a case against the company that could exceed even the $100k profit you would have made.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.