[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What exactly qualifies as insider trading? I want to invest in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1492169276606.png (1MB, 929x1439px) Image search: [Google]
1492169276606.png
1MB, 929x1439px
What exactly qualifies as insider trading? I want to invest in an incredibly talented relatives business because he literally can't fail at anything he does. Would this count as unfair confidential info?
>>
No, that's fine. Insider trading would be if he gave you confidential information not available to the public
>>
File: 8976302_1489626638.png (6KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
8976302_1489626638.png
6KB, 112x112px
>>1962188
What if he is pretending to be retarded? Just hypothetically
>>
>>1962197
It would be up to a judge, but I think that would count as insider trading, yes.
>>
>>1962199
Isn't that kinda silly? Why would you not use the information you have at hand?
>>
>>1962203
Because it gives you an unfair advantage that no one else can figure out.
>>
Is it even publicly traded? That's the first question.

Purchasing a contractual interest in a company is not insider trading. That said, hire a fucking lawyer if you think you're doing anything illegal. Getting legal advice from 4chan is among the worst possible decisions you could ever make (up there with getting advice on how to grow cool crystals).
>>
>>1962215
Life is unfair. This sounds like communism
>>
>>1962225
Well it's not.
>>
>>1962225
There has to be some kind of establishment to keep niggers like you from taking people's money.
>>
>>1962251
Huh? How would I take peoples money? I'd just be making more money than them
>>
>>1962253
You need buyers and sellers. Insider TRADING is when you buy or sell securities using knowledge that the public doesn't have access to.
>>
>>1962257
Well getting a bad deal isn't stealing
>>
>>1962253
You would be taking peoples money because you would know exactly when to trade and short. If you dont understand why its important to have trust in the stock market then maybe trading isnt for you
>>
>>1962310
Getting a bad deal and playing poker with someone who knows your hand is not the same thing. Besides its not like insider information is illegal. You just need to wait until the second that the information is publically available.
>>
>>1962257
What OP is doing isn't insider trading, insider trading is when you invest or sell knowing some event is going to happen in the future because someone on the inside told you.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.