[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I got an offer for an entry job as an electric engineer in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: mr.mine.jpg (151KB, 598x533px) Image search: [Google]
mr.mine.jpg
151KB, 598x533px
So I got an offer for an entry job as an electric engineer in a mine. Question is, what is the american entry salary for an electrical engineer.
>>
>>1961654
This is because they have asked me how much I want to win but sounds like a tricky question.
>>
So...someone?
>>
America is a big place. What state/county? Salaries vary wildly from one region to another.
Do you have any experience at all other than your degree?
Do you have any additional skills that you can market to your employer (like hazard training, completed courses in geology, etc.)?

It's a tricky question because it's a tricky subject. Salary is a negotiation and they're letting you make the first move. You want to start a little higher than you expect to get, and when they scoff at the amount you tell them why your initial number is justified, then you both come to an agreement on the final amount.
>>
google the average salary, start with slightly under that. aim high anon, don't sell yourself short and end up working for a shit salary
>>
>>1961657
Check on glassdoor for intro salaries for electrican engineers. Multiply by 1.5 if you will actually have to be present in the mine, ever.
>>
>>1961751
Yes I have 4 years of experience, I am not from america but they want to hire me so they can send me to other countries mines. I just dont want to ask for a low one when they actually pay more to an entry level job.

>>1961754
If I sell myself too high, wont they look somewhere else? I need a reference.

>>1961760
I will be inside so yes.
>>
>>1961786
Hard rock miners start at about $60k. That's the labor that's too stupid to go to college or run heave equipment.

Equipment operators make $75-$125k. These are the morons that drive trucks and also weren't bright enough for college.

You should try to make more than these guys.
>>
>>1961907
I am afraid that they won't see me as an american and they will try to pay me on the low side. I need the money but I feel that a mine is too risky for allowing 20-30k which look great over here but poor over there.
>>
>>1962472
$65,000 to $90,000 depending on location.
>>
>>1961751
This sounds like a 90k+ position but you still haven't told us where this is.
>>
>>1961786
>>1962472

Employers are willing to negotiate for professional jobs. Don't suggest an outrageously high salary, but you can go pretty damn high and best case scenario they'll accept but more likely they'll offer you something that meets in the middle.
>>
>>1962630
>>1962784
Mine is in colombia.

>>1962797
Thing is I want to say 55k but that changed to our rate makes the number sound like asking for a million.

I asked for 55k, hope it doesnt turn them off.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.