[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

18 Y/O NEET. I want to work construction but I don't know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: dem boiz.jpg (311KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
dem boiz.jpg
311KB, 1000x750px
18 Y/O NEET. I want to work construction but I don't know how to use construction tools. Should I go to trade school first, or find an apprenticeship? Does the work usually pay well?
>>
you don't know to use basic tools?
>>
>>1958269
If I looked at a screw I wouldn't know what type of screwdriver it needs, for example. As far as using tools is concerned, I should be trained since I'm inexperienced, and I can't do it on my own because I don't know what tools are most commonly used.
>>
>>1958272
That sounds pretty bad. Find an apprenticeship.
>>
>>1958272
I'm sure you could find youtube videos or something anon. As for finding a job, a lot of construction work is very easy to get but they require that you have your own vehicle to get to the job site as it changes frequently. You might be able to get away with public transit as long as you HAVE a valid drivers licence to show them.

Other than that just check out whatever classified site is popular in your area, you can even just walk up to job sites and ask if they're hiring.
>>
>>1958260

Big chain hardware stores offer free lessons sometimes. Also if you're in Canada, go to a day labor place - no illegal Mexicans to compete with and they pay fair if you can pass a drug test and own steel-toed boots. You have to show up at like 4 AM to get a good place in line though.
>>
>>1958260
>>1958272
i didn't know people were actually this worthless and still somehow managed to survive outside their parent's wombs.

you've never even swung a hammer have you faggot
>>
>>1958260

Construction is very easy to get into. They got guys coming and going like it's a fuckin carnival ride.

The trick is simply to make it that first year. If you do that you'll get promoted, maybe work a machine instead of doing any real labor, etc..

But anyway just look up construction companies in your area. Call and say "hey I would like to work for your company, I'll show up and work hard at whatever you give me"

Or you can call a temp agency in town they usually farm guys to a construction agency pretty quick.

Get that money man.
>>
>>1958355
OP sounds like a fairy faggot who wound unironically fall for the board stretcher gag, i really don't think
>I don't know what a flathead or phillips or star bit screwdriver is

Means you'll a) be safe on a worksite or b) useful in any way even after being handheld for a year
>>
>>1958295
>>1958305
>>1958324
>>1958355
Thanks for the advice guys. I really appreciate it. I'll just jump into it and see right away whatever I'm lacking.
>>
Canada here. Don't be a pussy. Get some steel toed boots, hardhat, blue jeans and tight t shirt. Walk up to construction sites and say you are ready and wanting to work. Immediately.
>>
>>1958371
He's gonna get his fucking toes or arm cut off.
>>
trade school for construction.

top fuckin kek.
>>
>>1958272
wholly fuck ur retarded.
>>
>>1958260
Worked in the construction/off shore industry for over 10 years. Temp agency's are the way to go if you want a start, You don't need any skills other than a good work ethic and a strong back as I've had 19 year old lads who's only experience is working in a supermarket chain who turned out to be core members of my team.
The trick to progressing is that 90% of the agency workers will be lazy/downright stupid. show your keen to learn/don't be a know it all, do any job your asked to without complaining, work hard and help the other guys around you.
Good luck OP
>>
>>1958260

>I want to do something but don't know how to, do I need to learn?
Yes you do.
>>
>>1958272

>I don't know what shape fits

You literally learn that shit in pre-school, holy shit.

Ask your dad/father figure for a quick lesson.
>>
come to alaska first and then work in california living in the streets and just move the south after
>>
>>1958260
What kind of shape are you in? Have you ever done any kind of labor? What about sports or going to the gym?
>>
>>1958272
>your dad didn't teach you how to turn a wrench

Keck
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.