[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this legally allowed? >request an uber ride >driver

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: uberlame.png (61KB, 280x458px) Image search: [Google]
uberlame.png
61KB, 280x458px
Is this legally allowed?

>request an uber ride
>driver is originally 12 minutes away
>drives closer until he's 3 minutes away
>stops there for a long time
>call him via uber app to see if he's lost around the area
>he sends me to voice mail
>call him a couple minutes later
>answers
>tells me he's not my uber driver and that he's on another trip for someone else already
>have no option but to cancel it, since the driver is telling me he's not going to give me the ride
>get a 5 dollar cancellation fee
>couldn't have avoided this fee in any way
>email them back and forth telling them the situation
>they refuse to give me back the money, replying by sending me images with their guidelines, which have nothing to do with my situation
>request a phone number to talk it through to a person with
>refuse and just tell me they'll give me a 5 dollar uber credit
>as if I'll ever want to use their shitty services, with shitty non-existent customer service
>send them one last message asking them how exactly this cancellation fee is "appropiate" since I had no option but to cancel it
>they send me this and tell me they'll close the discussion
>won't see eye to eye, but you get screwed over, case closed

Is there literally anything I can do?
>>
>>1956978
Better Business Bureau I hope. Fucking go all out, I fucking hate companies that pull this shit. Internet service providers too. Fuck them.
>>
>>1956978
Although it will probably end up costing you more... if you feel so strongly about it, take em to a small claims court... try trading standards first though
>>
You could take them to small claims court, but then you'd be putting in hours and extra money in an attempt to get $5.
>>
>>1956978
Most credit cards allow you to submit claims for this type of thing, simply put in that you never received your service etc.
>>
If I'm ever so poor that I get this mad over $5, someone come to my house and shoot me in the head. Please.

Life. is. too. fucking. short.
>>
>>1957063
It's not about the money, it's the fact that they're being shitty and refusing to talk it through with me appropiately.
>>
>>1957093
>It's not about the money, it's the fact that they're being shitty and refusing to talk it through with me appropiately.
I'm not retarded, I know what its about. I know that OP got screwed and I know that Uber is being shitty about the whole thing.

And I also know its only $5.

Five.

fucking.

dollars.

Sorry, but I can't be roused to give a shit about five of my own dollars, let alone the fiver of some anonymous faggot on the internet. I find it hard to believe there are people on this Earth, outside India and Africa, who would. But apparently OP and you do.

Just wow.
>>
>>1957099
>doesn't make sure he doesn't get screwed out of a single penny
>doesn't take care of every single penny he makes
you're not gonna make it
>>
>>1957117
>you're not gonna make it
If only you knew...
>>
>>1957099
>not using a slight to sue for millions in psychological damages

it's like you want to be a pleb

>>1957124
do you suck penis for a living or for fun?
>>
Post the story on facebook and twitter. Try to get it to go viral. It's a low effort way that will really hurt their brand if it takes off, and it probably will since people love to be outraged.
>>
>>1957128
Do you engage in gay fantasies in real life, or just on the internet?
>>
>>1956978
this is topkek shit customer service

just keep trying until you get someone who gets it

by gets it I mean, actually gets that policy is for the sake of the company and theres times when its pretty fucking obvious you should just give the customer their way, because they're right.
>>
>>1957117
You're stepping over dollars to pick up quarters
>>
Reminds me of this

http://www.forexpeacearmy.com/community/threads/the-skrill-agree-to-pay-up-to-10-000-00-to-settle-40-00-debt.33933/
>>
Plenty of shitty drivers are doing that in my country. They are still receiving some pennies, so they could park in some place with lots of people, pick calls all day, don't lift a finger, and still receive some money. However, in my country, next to all the customers who got screwed through this tactic complained through the social media and different instances.

Currently, we have a politic, and drivers who are caught abusing the cancellation fees system are suspended.

So, anon, do as this anon said: >>1957143 Go viral, use social media and try to find other people who got screwed like that.

No, you won't receive your money back, but you can cost them many times more than what you lost. Revenge at finest.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.