[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>NEET >Lots of money saved up from working previously and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_20170412_200942.jpg (58KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170412_200942.jpg
58KB, 601x601px
>NEET
>Lots of money saved up from working previously and birthdays and stuff
>Kept reading about the importance of dressing well online
>Kept looking at pictures of men dressed nicely
>Decide "now is my best time"
>Bought 4 dress shirts for $100/each
>Two suits on sale for like $400
>Dress pants, dress shoes the whole nine yards

>Realized I'm unemployed and can't find a job
>Realize that IN THE BEST CASE SCENARIO, ill be significantly overdressed for a $18/hr position in the best possible case
>Realize I don't have the education nor the experience to even wear my clothes anywhere
>Feel like a complete fool because I spent over $1000 on clothes that don't match my lifestyle at all
>Realize I'm just going to fucking wear a suit while sitting on 4chan and shitposting, or *AT BEST* watching programming tutorials or trying to learn how to trade Options

I fucked up, guys.
>>
>>1951355

Dress for the job you want, not the one you have is my motto. I don't need to wear a suit, but when I'm on the elevator with the CEO I may get their attention before some cuck in the polo and loafers.

Return 2 shirts and one suit. You should always have a suit for interviews, and a second shirt/tie combo if you get called back in for a 2nd round.

Also, splurge on the suit and a nice shoes as that's what people see first. Yes, a nice silky shirt feels better and may last longer over some shit cotton, but more often than not a $50 shirt appears the same as a $100 shirt to the untrained eye. If you're wearing dress shirts daily you're better off getting 10 at $30 rather than 4 at $100.
>>
Show up to the interview well dressed and with good manners. Watch the ease with which you get a job that you might only be barely qualified for.
>>
>>1951369
So i should return the shirts you think?

Honestly of all things the shirts felt the most overpriced. $100 each is ridiculous.
>>
>>1951386
Keep them and just don't lose any weight
>>
Kms
>>
>>1952076
Yes I posted it on 3 boards. Because I feel fucking awful about the situation.
>>
my interview clothes are a dress shirt, jeans, and some loafers, should i just kms?
>>
File: Rethink.jpg (158KB, 417x515px) Image search: [Google]
Rethink.jpg
158KB, 417x515px
>>1951355
>>Realize I'm just going to fucking wear a suit while sitting on 4chan and shitposting,
pic related

Dude, how about thinking through your actions before you do something?

And that whole >dress nice thing means nice for your social circle/job/intended job. If everyone around you wears shitty graphic tees and old jeans, you wear a well fitting plain tee and good jeans or chinos; if everyone wears jeans and casual shirts, you wear slacks and dress shirts…

And $400 for a suit? Yeah, that's totally going to look great…

But - assuming you do so at all, and at a level above Mickey D's - you at least now have a suit to wear at a job interview.
>>
File: image.jpg (290KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
290KB, 1440x1080px
funny enough I learned to be frugal from low paying jobs, a shirt like yours OP could cost half my paycheck. fuck that.

you start to think of stuff as time. time it'll take to make up for what you blew on stupid shit
>>
>>1951369
Ok, only boxers it is
>>
as long as the job isn't fucking mcdonlads and you dont turn up looking like the hentai gestapo, you will be alright. >>1952363 is right. you want to trojan horse that shit. make them think you are a normal person. that means clean, NORMAL haircut, shaved, plain shirt or tshirt, plain everything, give nothing away through your appearance, and absolutely no fucking visible tattoos or retarded piercing shit. shit is the biggest red flag
>>
Know these feels.

On the plus side, when you suddenly have an interview/wedding/funeral or whatever, it's good knowing that you have something ready without having to think about it.

And there's a big difference between a shit and a good shirt, which maybe you don't know because you haven't worn enough shit shirts.

Also don't fall for the "dress for the job you want" meme. That's a quick way to mark yourself out as somebody who's dangerously inexperienced.

Return 2 shirts and get a pair of casual shoes (Sperrys, brogues, CDB, whatever) and a pair of dark slim jeans. You can wear em with a shirt on a daily basis and it'll be socially acceptable, and maybe even respectable.
>>
>>1951355
>>
>>1952324
Yes
>>
You should have some nice clothes. Really the shirts are overpriced but a quality casual dress shirt is more practical than a suite. You can always just return stuff and buy cheaper shirts. I have one suit and rarely use it. In 99%of my life it would be overkill.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.