[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It just occurred to me that I can bet on cryptocurrencies with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1491127922879.jpg (331KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1491127922879.jpg
331KB, 1920x1080px
It just occurred to me that I can bet on cryptocurrencies with options exchanges. That way, whether the price goes up or down, I still make money and can do all kinds of tricks with that.

And these things are extremely volatile so just betting on volatility in any direction for lots of coins will be easy.

Why aren't more people doing this?
>>
>>1947739
Remember, the fee
Every exchange you will make, you will be charged
Don't think you can make profit of that ._.
>>
>>1947747
The commission fee is 1/5th the fee from Poloniex at 0.05%.

Also, you can make synthetic bonds, zero-cost collars, etc. that will have no fee. You can even just bet on volatility.

I'm not saying there's no risk at all, but with the high volatility of cryptocurrencies, this should be a no-brainer.

With options, I can make money if the market moves, if it stands still, if it goes up, down, with as much or as little risk as I want (apart from my exchange going insolvent).

I can't believe it didn't occur to me before.
>>
>>1947747
Is the only reason people aren't doing this because they don't understand how to hedge? Because this is clearly the more profitable way to go, compared to just buying assets and speculating that it will go up or down.

With options, you can manage your risk to profit no matter what the market does, in USD.
>>
File: IMG_5714.jpg (105KB, 417x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5714.jpg
105KB, 417x1024px
>>1947781
and the tulip derivatives industry is born.

1000000 guilders for the van der voor!
>>
Do you think the option buyers and writers like to hand out free money to you? Options are very illiquid and usually have huge spread. Imagine buying a stock at $100 and instantly losing $10 because the market makers will only buy at $90.
>>
>>1947819
>>1947810
You guys are missing the point.

Let's say I buy myself a nice box spread like a bond. Easy, low-level returns that will be greater than the returns I would get for lending on Poloniex and paid out to me in USD instead of BTC so I don't have to worry if BTC tanks.

Top that off with the usual spreads for volatility and what's the problem?

I'm not saying it's a way to get rich quick.
I'm saying it outperforms BTC lending substantially and the potential for profiting on a straddle is amazing.
>>
>>1947739

Which exchanges have options for cryptos?
>>
>>1947848
this
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.