[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there even such thing as a 'self made man' nowadays?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1353098118695.png (212KB, 396x529px) Image search: [Google]
1353098118695.png
212KB, 396x529px
Is there even such thing as a 'self made man' nowadays? I hear a lot about entrepreneurs and stories about people that started off with <$100 in their pockets and made giant companies and that turned them into billionaires, people like Walt Disney, Bill Gates, etc.

Seems like its impossible now in the year 2017, now that all these corporations collude with political entities that basically ensures their dominance in the market and absolutely crushes all opposition, no honor either, they'll stomp on the little guy to look good that quarter.

Seems like now, in 2017, you need to:

>know people (connections)
>schmooze like a weasel in 'networking events'
>get help from 'daddy'
>break the law
>find alternate ways to make money that is risky and/or little return

Unless you're willing to be an unethical douchebag schmoozer you're gonna be knee-padding in a waggie position long time.

Thats my observations so far, makes me very depressed.
>>
>>1944530
>Seems like its impossible now in the year 2017

You must be blind. Thanks to internet it's more possible than ever. But you either have to learn to program and create something awesome that can spread like wildfire or you have to do some type of internet sales like tshirts/dropshipping/affiliate/whatever. Depending on how much motivation, skills, and desires for riches you have.
>>
>>1944553
You clearly have never tried any of these ideas, faggot.
>>
there will always be a market to capitalize in, also when the next millionaire is made what will your other excuse be?
>>
>>1944530
Depends on the field. I do delivery work for an auto parts store and one of our accounts started from zero and slowly built a wildly successful auto garage that's made him millions so far. If I knew dick about cars I'd give it a shot, but I'll stick where I am for now. It's not impossible, just have to pick a needed service in a small area and dominate the competition.
>>
>>1944581
and you have?
>>
>>1944530
your error is in failing to recognize the gap between wagie and billionaire.

most millionaires are self-made, they did nothing illegal, and they didn't get help or sell out their ethics.

you just haven't heard of them so you don't know this.
>>
>>1945503

P. much

and once you have millions, billions is just a matter of:

1. Hire the right people
2. Give them the right environment
3. Be willing to drink the blood of other rich people to gain their power
>>
>>1944530
Are you retarded? It's easier now than it ever was in the past. Fuckin shit. You just need to stop retreading old ground. We already had a Walt Disney, Andrew Carnegie, Henry Ford, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Jeff Bezos, etc. Do you know what they had in common. Doing something relatively new. Of course you're not going to muscle into an established market. But your chances of serving a great number of customers with low overhead is greater than ever in history.
>>
You're right OP, you need to be immoral. As in shilling pump & dump scamcoins. You have what it takes?
>>
>>1944530
Bill Gates came from money. His uncle or grandfather or some shit was federal reserve bank president. Go look it up if you don't believe me.
>>
>>1944553
nice paragraph loser
>>
>>1944530
This is "you didn't build that" tier bullshit.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.