[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's the key principle you have to follow to separate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

what's the key principle you have to follow to separate yourself from someone who has a salaried career with a company, to someone that has their own business and an understanding of the market, to someone who has an insane understanding of a market, its demands, and control such that they become a realistic millionaire?

I know. it's 1%, it's like being the astronaut to all the scientists that just look at the sky. but im tired of just looking. i want to split myself from daydreaming and learning frivolous skillsets. i want to apply myself realistically. i want to actually take a market by the hinges. we live in an information age and i want to tackle the demand on information. to me, i see that as cloud computing. so renting out a server with a shitload of processing cores where you can run a virtual machine from an html5 supported browser is my ideal. i want to market myself to other companies that have a demand for processing power but dont want to buy a supercomputer for themselves.

what i ask is, is the demand presentable to help me buffer out getting clients, regular or not? can i afford the startup costs with government support? i feel a demand here, and little capital and support needed as they can make their own VMs with an account. thoughts? im graduating with a job soon. no investments. no stocks. i want control over my source of wealth; the market potential via supply/demand of clients.
>>
>>1941862
I've been wondering if this specific service existed. The big problem though is that your VM idea is basically a b2b idea with appeal limited to the relatively technically competent. My guess is that most of your potential clientele are already using AWS which wouldn't have a much higher barrier to entry anyway, and really only requires Putty to SSH into.
>>
>>1941878
i can't penetrate into that market at all? what could i do that amazon can't that would help me bring clientele in?
>>
>>1941862
>is the demand presentable to help me buffer out getting clients, regular or not?
kek. Do you mean is there demand for this service? This is what market research is for.
>can i afford the startup costs with government support?
The only support the US government will give you is possibly a loan and possibly research grants. The loan depends on your credit, experience, and stake. The grants you get to compete for with millions of other people and institutions.

And to be quite frank, both the loan program and government grants for research are going to be tossed soon since the GOP has hated both since their inception. Republicans don't want to help you start a business and they now have the power to guarantee they don't have to.
>>
>>1941882
I know im just wondering about if the market research would be connected to the business plan or after it.

Are there no tech industry incentives that are regularized for startup software developers? can't i just put it under that but have expenses for the servers? i'd have experience from my job that i'll save funds from, which will also let me take a big stake for the startup costs.

I know they hate stuff that doesn't bring back funds, but with a decent pricing model (per use, subscription model for regular users, per core scaling prices, constant income from cloud storage subscriptions), it should be stable income for what's essentially only a computer running with the businesses handling their own virtual machine from the user end. i'd have maintenance and consultation but that's it, so the expenses are just mostly startup and lease/power consumption along with insurance for potential damage or outages. im serious when i said i want to plan it out, it's just im concerned about scalability and the cost for the cores. i was thinking of xeon phis in a large array.
>>
>>1941881
I mean, if you could make something which basically works like Windows Remote Desktop but you can use it through Chrome, then your base of potential users would be orders of magnitude larger, because it could be justified to IT departments based on security and cost (i.e. you now only need to give everyone chromebooks) but that's an entirely different use case than supercomputing.

As far as I know the only service that attempts to provide remote desktop like services through a browser is Citrix, and it sucks ass.
>>
>>1941892
>im just wondering about if the market research would be connected to the business plan or after it.
You'll want your research in hand as part of the business plan.
>Are there no tech industry incentives that are regularized for startup software developers?
None that I'm aware of. Perhaps others here know of some.

I don't know anything about what you're talking about, my only applicable expertise is in getting government funding for business. Even then I'm no expert, just a guy that has applied for and received SBA loans and government grants in the past.
>>
>>1941894
yeah that's what i mean. so im just marketing it to consumers now instead? it would be a virtual machine that runs on your html5 compatible browser, so a chromebook can run it.

if it expands into making the laptops too, that is, i have a partnership with lenovo or something with an arm based platform that's running a non shit citrix for the IT sector, would my profits be higher?
>>
>>1941902
If if if if... you need to start somewhere nigger. You can analyze everything you want and make plans and all, but the most important thing you need is sales. Start there to see if there is a market. If there is, put your efforts in developping your ideas, infrastructure, etc. If not, move as quick as you can.
>>
>>1941912
im just scared of going bankrupt because it will ruin any chance of getting another loan or financial aid for making another business. especially with the capital needed initially.
>>
>>1941914
This is what i meant. You need to find a way to test your idea before putting too much capital in it. Try starting very small before going full loan mode and possibly putting yourself in a shitty financial situation.
>>
>>1941918
i see. so make the front end first and test it out on a private unit in front of potential clients?
>>
>>1941914
it's a chicken/egg problem with tech startups.

VC will want to see proof of market, but you can't prove the market without VC. Need to get moot in here and ask him how he did it. But then moot had years of success under his belt b4 he went trolling for capital.
>>
>>1941902
I'd say it's still more of a Corporate IT thing than a consumer product. I mean, Chromebooks are popular right now because Browser + 'Productivity' software is all that regular(non-gaming) consumers use. Ever using the servers as gaming rigs is still going to be a non-starter due to input lag issues. So your value added is for corporate settings where there is a need to use applications which can't (ordinarily) be accessed through some web portal.
>>
>>1941919
Yes. I would avoid getting too deep into the hardware side as well once you start working on the backend. Find a cloud provider to supply the servers for competitive rates and then pass it on to your customers.
>>
>>1941945
so that would take out the capital needed for the servers. id just deal with the portal now? damn that makes it sound way more viable. are there any providers that are pay per use so that i can make it run without accumulating expenses without any usage?
>>
>>1941862
Making $1M is easymode.
Literally just pick a million dollar idea then go hard.
Thing is once you have those skills most people can't settle on a single idea to milk for what it's worth.
>>
>>1941968
why the fuck not? being a millionaire should be the ultimate goal. build an empire or get out. ideas are food for the tree of prosperity.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.