[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to start a business. The business revolves around hydroponics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Coffee.jpg (7KB, 226x166px) Image search: [Google]
Coffee.jpg
7KB, 226x166px
I want to start a business. The business revolves around hydroponics and landscaping but kind of not the same thing at the same time. I can do some of it myself, but there are definitely people who can do the job better than I can.

I have all my products ready for sale, they just need to be constructed. How do I go about finding people who can do what I need them to do? How do you find employees? Also, I've been doing this shit out of my garage for the last year. How do I look legit?
>>
Did the guy at the smoke shop not let you put up a help wanted poster?
>>
>>1941670
I'm more concerned with the fact I've never hired employees before. What do I need to know? Taxes? How do I ask for their personal info without looking like a sketchy mother fucker? How do I find legit people and not some fucking stoner kid or mexican illegal?
>>
>>1941677
>What do I need to know?
you have no idea
>Taxes?
you contribute a portion of their income matched with a portion of your income to the IRS on a quarterly basis. Google it.
>How do I ask for their personal info without looking like a sketchy mother fucker?
You hand them an I9 form
>How do I find legit people and not some fucking stoner kid or mexican illegal?
Drug testing, employment eligibility verification.

on top of this you need to buy them workman's comp insurance and comply with all applicable labor laws, which you probably know noting about.
good luck.
>>
>>1941677
I should also probably advise you to buy liability insurance.

if you've never employed people before you're going to fuck up and get sued.
>>
>>1941677
Hire spics, then you don't have to deal with all that shit.
>>
>>1941692
>>1941684
Thanks.
>>1941745
No.
>Amurica
>>
File: mexico-long-pointy-boots.jpg (48KB, 560x525px) Image search: [Google]
mexico-long-pointy-boots.jpg
48KB, 560x525px
>>1941807
>No.
this is what I'm talking about with labor laws and your sue-me-in-the-ass insurance.

You can't legally refuse to hire someone just because they're Mexican. All you can do is hire them, ask for their documents, and submit them to the government. You can't question whether or not those documents are fake, that's not your job. You will lose your business over this kind of thing.

you are going to get sued. A lot. You need to know these laws and a million others.
>>
>>1941663
Here's a tip too. Accounting should be outsourced, unless you can do it fast and reliably yourself. Otherwise it will only drain time from making more products, marketing and sales.
>>
>>1941883
Accounting's pretty easy.

Up to about the $10 million a year mark you can just toss your receipts and bank statements in a shoe box and sort them out with turbotax at the end of the year.

Once you start seeking credit you'll have to put together a P&L every now and then, but anyone should be able to do that for a multimillion dollar small business in less than a day.
>>
>>1941888
Ah, okay. In my country every business must do double-entry bookkeeping since day 1, no matter how small income.
>>
>>1941895
Yeah, I'd definitely want to outsource that.

I only do bookkeeping at tax time and when I get audited or apply for a loan.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.