[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There's now a ton of companies and individuals almost fully

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: patreon.png (75KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
patreon.png
75KB, 800x800px
There's now a ton of companies and individuals almost fully funded by Patreon. Is this a bubble that's about to burst?
>>
>>1940823
why would it burst

as long as the podcast I support keeps making content I'll keep donating
>>
> Is this a bubble that's about to burst?
Literary how, as long as people are satisfied with their service they will continue donating money
>>
>>1940823
as soon as I finish my Dapp ive been working on...

It is a patreon clone that allows the content creator to keep higher profits, it runs on the etherum network
>>
>>1941033
Im coding ethereum apps too, whats your github / throw away email? I would love to help ( 10 yrs+ coding experience)
>>
>>1940823
>HURRRR EVERYTHING I DONT UNDERSTAND IS A BUBBLE
>>
>>1941129
>hur dur I'm superior and smarter than everyone
>>
>>1941129
he does have a point
>>
people want real money, not ethereum tokens, so that's not going to work at all. youre very unlikely to get people who want to get paid in bitcoin either.
>>
Nah.
As long as the creators I support keep creating stuff I enjoy, and don't do anything retarded to offend me, I'll keep supporting them, provided I have the funds.
I would prefer a different site though, patreon is run by cunts who love censorship
>>
>>1940823
First off you are retarded for not knowing what a bubble is.
Second. These are people paying for some product. If they dont deliver then their companies go under. The only person who would be effected would be the content creators.
Bands and artists losing money will have no impact on economics.
>>
>>1940823

There are literally people paying a guy to advocate for Garunteed Basic Income on Patreon. He's making $1,200 a month off of that and just got a grant for $24,000 for it, too.

The stupidity bubble is titanium. You can't pop it.
>>
>>1940823
Just make sure you're working on your end of the patreon - I've seen a whole bunch of patreons get thousands of dollars on to crash through to triple digits.

Make sure your content is good.
>>
>>1941033
this:
>>1941716
is a good point. people are happy with the convenience of Patreon and so the question to ask is not whether a dapp is better, but is the dapp worth the inconvenience to most people in terms of using ETH for the decreased fees.

you must remember that as someone who is able to code a dapp and use github, you are the technical elite compared to joe schmo on the street. it might be no big deal for you or i to use eth, but it is (currently for sure) a big block for normies.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.