[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Be honest /biz/. Have you ever felt tempted to live a life of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1491623650680.jpg (36KB, 482x427px) Image search: [Google]
1491623650680.jpg
36KB, 482x427px
Be honest /biz/. Have you ever felt tempted to live a life of crime with legitimate businesses or employment as cover?

I just can't stop thinking about how much money there's to be made illegally. I know it's wrong and everything but I feel so tempted, I just feel like if people are going to make money it might as well be me, you know?
>>
if you are fine with the consequences i don't see why not.
>>
>>1939808
It feels like the consequences are minimal.

Many financial crimes seem to go unpunished and when people do get caught they get very light punishments. I've read so many stories of people getting caught then thinking "Okay they're gonna get fucked now! The article says they're facing 60 years in prison!" Only for them to get >3 years and only partial if any restitution.
>>
>>1939814
consequences can be moral if you rip people off in a financial scheme
but I agree punishment is light for white collar crime
what sort of scheme would were you thinking about?

I remember about a year ago something devised an ETH contract ponzi scheme that was interesting.
>>
>>1939814
So if u make like 5 mil u gotta pay like 500k in lawyer fees and 2 years in jail
>>
>>1939822
>what sort of scheme would were you thinking about?

Everything man. There's so many people making money off all different kinds of things. Malware, credit card/other fraud, hell people make a killing off selling cheats for counter strike or whatever. It's ridiculous.
>>
>>1939806
Read Matt Levine's articles at Bloomberg before to learn from the errors of others lad
>>
I'm writing a book along the lines of Studs Terkel's "Working", but I spent my time interviewing criminals, pyramid scheme people, and various other people on the fringes of society.

After what I have seen I would say that at every level crime is a sucker's game.
>>
anyone familiar with the ethereum ponzi contract?

Say you created it and put 1000$ prize in the pot.
the investors win the pot by being the last person to deposit
the time runs out in say 24 hours
so different people will keep investing within that 24 hour period

the investors gain a small % for leaving their money in
the creator gains a small % off each deposit
the investors can cash out whenever, but if there is insufficient funds there will be a waitlist
people with money invested/on the wait list would shill the ponzi to keep it going
the creator hopefully makes back his 1000$ prize plus more before the time runs out and the ponzi is busted
>>
>>1939836
if someone deposits the timer gets reset

it attracts the gambling mentality that 1$ can win 1000$
the stupid who see quick returns
the desperate that have to keep the ponzi going in hopes their withdraw clears the waitlist
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.