[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've accepted an engineering internship for this coming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: intern.jpg (254KB, 2138x1347px)
intern.jpg
254KB, 2138x1347px
I've accepted an engineering internship for this coming summer, which I will start in about a month. My employer never asked for my transcripts which seems odd. Don't most companies ask for it? After all, how do they know I'm telling the truth about my g.p.a. and what my degrees are? My last internship asked to look at it.
>>
>>1939709
GPA matters fuckall you don't even use most you learn in school. Your degree is a sham, just prove your worth by your ability to learn quickly on the job.
>>
>>1939709
>Don't most companies ask for it?
When you're a bigboy people actually respect what you say. Wow.

Anyway nobody gives a shit because it'll all come out on the job over a few months. Either you're competent or your not.

Seriously try to be able to learn quickly like the other guy said.
>>
>>1939727
If I haven't been hired yet they don't know if I have the ability to learn quickly on the job, and so g.p.a. is a decent indicator of work ethic even if what you specifically don't use anything you learn
>>
>>1939732

If a worker turns out to be shit a few months in it's still expensive for the company because now they need to find someone else, and have payed this asshole for the time he's already been there.
>>
>>1939735
That's what internships are for.

That's the whole point of your internship.

They probably sold you on "you'll work on a project with us and unlike internships at other companies, the work you do with us will be critical to our company," but in reality it's gonna be more like this.

You know how sometimes when a father is building something in his garage his kid wants to help? So sometimes the father gives the kid a toy hammer and says to "help" or he lets the kid put in a few screws as "help" ?

That's what internships do.

When they find out whether your'e "an asshole", as you put it, or not, then they'll decide whether to hire you. You're GPA means jack shit.

>they don't know if I have the ability to learn quickly on the job
THAT'S WHAT THE INTERNSHIP IS FOR.

Stop thinking of this like a class at your school ffs. Think of this as an introduction to your potential career and anything you learned in school that you get to really apply is just a great bonus.

Learn quickly for your own sake so you can show you're not incompetent. Come on.
>>
>>1939751
>You're GPA means jack shit.
>You're

also GPA does matter. this particular company didnt ask for OP's transcript, but many others do. why would a company risk taking on a guy with a C average when they can choose a guy that has an A average? use your brain dude
>>
>>1939850
"You're" is the correct form on this website.

If you still think GPA matters, you're probably still in school.

Of course lots of companies check and others don't. After that first stage, nobody gives a shit and nobody checks anymore. And I say that as someone who graduated with a 3.6gpa from an ivy league school in STEM with a great job, not that 3.6 is good or bad. I'm just letting you know where I'm coming from on this.

Companies WILL risk taking on a guy with a C average if he brings more value to the company than someone with straight As from Harvard. I know because I work with people who got straight As from Harvard. Nobody cares about your GPA after college except for the companies who check it one time as something to do before they interview you.

An internship is about showing that you bring that value, regardless of GPA.
>>
>>1939850
When they do ask, is it usually before any interviews, or after interviews to choose between the people they're already considering?
>>
>>1939850
you sound insufferable

not even OP but fuck you
>>
>>1939860

I agree with this post

interpersonal skills are far more important at landing you a job and helping you move up in the corporate world than one indicator of work ethic.

you might get asked for GPA if you're still applying from school, but it's just something that will be taken into consideration, and usually not what seals the deal. the most important part is you being yourself (which I hope is friendly because faking friendliness is a pain in the ass) to the interviewer, showing a genuine interest in the company and what they do, and coming across as somebody who knows what he wants (a certain confidence about you).
>>
>>1939890
Will I look friendly if I jerk off the interviewer?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.