[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This isnt your typical /biz/ question, but I figure there are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: heroin.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
heroin.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
This isnt your typical /biz/ question, but I figure there are some smart people here who might be able to guide me.

So my brother and his wife are junkies, destroyed their family all that typical stuff...

I took him and his wife in to try and clean them up, sent her to rehab and he detoxed.. they relapsed and I kicked them out for the second time in the last 6 months...they are not coming back...

What do I do with all their stuff? Can I sell it? can I take it to the dump? What are the potential legal problems I could face? desu its probably only like $1k of stuff if I get a good price. Could he come back and try and sue me?
>>
>>1939642
It's effectively yours because they'd have no means to claim it in court, being that they're junkies and all.
>>
>>1939642
Put it in a box and tell him to pick it up.
>>
>>1939647
its 1 whole room in a basement and part of another one... took 4 trucks and 2 trailers to move it all here so it wouldnt stay in a $200/month storage my parents were paying for.
>>
>>1939645
I was thinking possibly selling it and putting the money into a trust for his kids, or for them if they ever decided to quit using
>>
>>1939655
do it for the kids...thats a noble goal
>>
>>1939642

Send them emails and texts that their stuff will be thrown away if they don't show up to get it within 30 days. If they do show up, leave it outside. If they don't then sell it or trash it.

If they try to sue you or whatever just show the record showing you tried.

There are 3 kinds of addicts:

1) With some time and effort you can help them get clean
2) With a lot of time and and a lot of effort you can help them get clean
3) There is not a thing on Earth that you can say or do that will stop them from doing drugs

My Mom is the 3rd kind. Sucks man. I grew up white collar too. Mom got addicted to pills 20 years ago and never quit.
>>
As the ex junkie in the situation I am very sorry for our kind anon.
>>
>>1939642
In the US you're usually required to put their shit in a storage unit, notify them at their last known address or by publication so they can come retrieve their shit, and then sell it if they don't respond. There are time limits to each step.

if he owes you money it's potentially easier to get a judgment against him, seize his shit, and sell it to satisfy the debt.
>>
>>1939642
Take it to the dump, fuck em. Tell him you put it in storage if they ever come asking for it
>>
sell it and buy drugs
so you can give them something without taking up all your space
>>
>>1939642
NAD+ treatments, DMT, or Ibogaine could help. Far better than most other detox treatments, even if they're Trainspotting tier. As for their belongings, they're yours now.
>>
>>1939642
forge a fake document stating that they were to pay you (insert $)/month for utility/storage costs and they haven't fulfilled their end of the deal thus you kicked them out and sold their shit to pay off what they owe. Easypz. A court would be more inclined to take your word for it over a couple of deranged junkies amirite?
>>
>>1939846
>A court would be more inclined to take your word for it over a couple of deranged junkies amirite
the fact that they're deranged junkies is inadmissible in most civil contexts. Even deranged junkies have legal rights. Such as the right to not be considered deranged junkies without a trial.
>>
>>1939698
>My Mom is the 3rd kind. Sucks man. I grew up white collar too. Mom got addicted to pills 20 years ago and never quit.

What pills was she addicted to?
>>
Princeton heroin addict here. Get them on methadone. It will turn their life around for the better. Its no joke. It works. You feel fine all day and dont have cravings.
Your welcome
>>
and dont throw out their shit tho u faggot. Just put it in a few garbage bags and put it in ur backyard. Dont be a dick. Ur kids gonna be a junkie too and ur not gonna throw out his/her shit
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.