[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what does it mean to "work hard" in a non physical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1452036255415.jpg (45KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1452036255415.jpg
45KB, 500x500px
what does it mean to "work hard" in a non physical labor work field?
>>
Carpal tunnel so you can't sleep.
Feeling like you have sand in your eyes.
Falling asleep in front of computer due to repetitious menial tasks.
>>
When people say "working hard" they mean the amount of time spent working. Inefficiency is glorified.
>>
>>1938418
Thinking hard, long hours, hating life
Unattractive female bosses
>>
>>1938456
This. How often do you hear about Bill who spends an extra 2 hours a day at the office? How often do you hear about Jim who knows a little python and automates half his job?

If you spend more time on the internet, you'll think Jim is glorified, but in the real world, efficiency is not valued as much as face time.
>>
>>1938418
They just overload you with complex work that cannot be finished in the given time and then threaten to fire you over it.

This happened to me recently:
>job is to give financial advice to the financial director
>it's the end of the year
>suddenly the CEO, share holders and financial man all want a report ready asap
>I can only report to 1 of them due to time constraints
>the tax authorities are coming and threatening with heavy fines, which I need to prepare for as well
>need more data
>the data you need isn't provided because the managers that have to give you the data have "better things to do" than to fill in obligatory financial and tax information that we are required to have
>you dont have the authority to force anyone to do anything
>expect to work until 22.00 and in the weekend because things need to get done
>it's the end of the year after all and we couldn't possibly do things throughout the year because then they also have better things to do
>whatever you decide to do someone will get angry
Long story short, the share holders fired all directors and the entire staff including me.
>>
>>1938474

I am jim

I did good?
>>
>>1938508
You need to be more efficient
Write some python scripts bro
>>
>>1938508
It's a multimillion dollar business and now nobody there knows who works there knows anything about the processes or financial situation of the company. I read in the news they might be closing down soon. It's all spiraling out of control now.
>>
>>1938457
THIS.
This is my life.
Oh and being underpaid for the thinking power.
>>
>>1938533
what business is it? can i short sell them?
>>
>>1938418
Dedication.
>>
>>1938418
When your boss ask you to complete a 3000 page report and 2-hour slide show presentation to the companies VPs, by tomorrow and you get zero help from anyone as they walk to their Happy Hour laughing and joking.

You obviously are a crude laborer that have never step foot in a corporate office in a large metropolitan city.

I'd take roofing or evening out tiles ahead day over corporate hoohaaas
>>
>>1938418

Be stressed
>>
>>1938533
Do you work at enron? Kek
>>
>>1938474
I knew a guy who thought he was Jim. He was always going on and on about all the VBA and Java he knew. He blew two months trying to automate a mildly tedious process that ended up going away anyway. He got fired soon after.
>>
>>1938418
Fulfill 3 lecturer roles at 3 different colleges, substitute teaching when not on-campus, teaching and grading papers non stop while completing a masters degree and being primary carer to a 3 year old child
>I got through the masters
>Child is now in school
>My brain is so fried that now I can barely focus on work for more than 5 minutes at a time.
>I still grade papers
>Literally alt-tab every paragraph or 2 that I read and look at news articles, email, 4chan, youtube et al. for 10-20 minutes before struggling to get back into work mode
>I need a job not in front of a computer all day
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.