[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would you do with $8,000,000? Lets just say I sold a business

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1343365177001.png (346KB, 439x500px) Image search: [Google]
1343365177001.png
346KB, 439x500px
What would you do with $8,000,000?

Lets just say I sold a business and this amount of money is what I took home.

How can I maximize this money or invest in things that will keep giving me passive income.
>>
>>1938180
At that amount I'd be happy in index funds giving 7-10%. But I'm probably a cuck
>>
I would stick most of it in index funds and some in property.

You could quite easily live on the returns for life
>>
>>1938180
I would give some away to the anons who gave me (You)'s in my thread
>>
File: 1487945269785.png (89KB, 303x265px) Image search: [Google]
1487945269785.png
89KB, 303x265px
Assuming this is post-tax...

$3,000,000 into Index funds, cheap mutual funds that I have confidence in, or bonds.

$2,500,000 in riskier stocks of companies that will benefit from future trends in technology, consumer habits, healthcare, etc.

$1,000,000 in high-risk investments, venture capital, etc. Probably some crypto investments here and there.

$1,000,000 into low-end, slumlord real estate (based on a prediction of increased poverty in the future). I would find a suitable manager for these properties and make sure he's aggressive in running a smooth ship.

$480,000 would be for living expenses, traveling, and my day job, at which point would be writing, politics, and milking whatever reputation I have. Ideally, writing a novel series about a post-apocalyptic Earth that has been flooded a la Waterworld. It would focus heavily on world-building rather than characters, delving into arcane yet amusing topics such as flooded world economics and politics. The benefit to this is that the research required would have me meet various people (from cargo ship trips to staying in cultures that have a tradition of sailing) and make me a potential "expert" when some government or NGO or think tank wants to talk about future economies based on water.

The remaining $20,000 would be solely for expensive trolling purposes in my spare time for personal amusement.
>>
>>1938180
150 million real estate empire
10 0r 20 mill speculating oil
Walnut trees
Scrap yard
Giant dick shaped bunker
$250k or so home
>>
>>1938180
Also buy this shitty containment board and find each coiner and beat ass
>>
>>1938180
I would give half of it to Assadalah who works in accounting.
>>
That pic is perfect
>>
>>1938180

Put it all on Milocoin
>>
>>1938231
>"expert"
>businessman moonlighting as L Ron Hubbard
Yeah, and the government comes to Richard Branson with tips on how to manage Air Force One's maintenance

the rest of it makes sense however desu
>>
>>1938180

4 million in property and and 4 million for fun stuff.
>>
>smart enough to run business worth at least 8m in a sale
>Dumb enough to come to biz to ask what to do with the proceeds
>>
4M = indexfunds = x6% = 240,000
3M + 3M mortgage = Real estate = 10% = 600,000
1M on traveling
>>
id fund this app im working on.. its really good btw ;v)
>>
>>1938180
I'd start building my own diversified stock portfolio of blue chips/industry leaders using direct stock purchase programs or a DRIP investment strategy.

Then, I'd live off dividends, reinvest any remainder, and coast. I'm a firm believer in the Gambler school of economics. Once you have your $2.5MM, you've got your base, any risks you take from there on out need to be through an LLC or other shielded, limited liability investment vehicle.
>>
File: 321-795-5804-4.jpg (64KB, 492x960px) Image search: [Google]
321-795-5804-4.jpg
64KB, 492x960px
>>1938180
I'd produce a shot for shot remake of The Sound Of Music with an all black cast, set in modern times, and call anyone who doesn't watch it a racist.
>>
>>1938611
And it's about hiphop and the nazis are trump supporters
>>
>>1938614
You're hired
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.