[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

On the west coast. Girlfriend and I want to start a fashion company

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Coffee.jpg (7KB, 226x166px) Image search: [Google]
Coffee.jpg
7KB, 226x166px
On the west coast. Girlfriend and I want to start a fashion company selling fashionable swimsuits, classy dance wear, and a few other things.

My question for biz is, how do we find people to do the jobs we can't do/don't have time for? I've posted jobs on Indeed, craigslist, Monster, and LinkedIn. Only spam bots seem to reply. I've gone to every registered sewing company and fabric stores asking for help and posting jobs. Nothing.

All I need are two or three seamstresses. These people are harder to find than gold.
>>
>>1933890
>Looking for seamstresses
Isn't this the bulk of the work. What are you and your girlfriend going do to, just design the stuff? If that is your plan..... lol. Do the real work if you want the money, faggot. You don't get to start out doing the cushy work.
>>
>>1933901
We design and network for sales. We also have to find fabric manufacturers, which we've done already. We don't have the talent to do seamstress work on a professional level. Yes we can sew. Will it last through 50 washes? Probably not. So no, we can't do it ourselves. I also don't know why I would do it myself when I can afford to pay someone to do it for me.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (64KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
64KB, 1280x720px
>>1933904
Found a picture of you and your girlfriend
>>
>>1933904
As one of the most prominent modern designers (RO) said, the best advice for an aspiring designer would be "to get a fucking pattern cutting book".
I, on my behalf, may suggest you kys cuck.
>>
>>1933922
>>1933907
>>1933901
WOOO WOOOO! Look at all the kids on /biz/! Daaaaamnnnnn!
>>
>>1933890
I don't like the fact that you're doing swimwear and dancewear, as I understand it a lot of these upstart fashion companies have to stick to one thing until they establish the brand.

Anyway, where the hell have you been searching... I found these in 2 minutes:
http://makersrow.com/apparel/california/socalgarment

http://www.garmentcontractors.org/ReferralsCriteria.asp

Good luck. Hope it works out
>>
>>1933922
buy less clothes... go to the gym more

-RO
>>
>>1934161
I'll take a look at those places. I was hoping to employee 2 or 3 people but this could still work. Thanks.
>>
>>1934192
I don't think any fashion companies own their own factories, even Prada I think outsources over half of their production (but they would have a lot of quality controls).

Especially for a start-up/young company this is a way better option. I'm not sure how you'll go about making the prototypes, maybe you guys can do that yourselves.
>>
>>1933890
>west coast
>fashion company
I can already tell it's gonna bomb
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.