[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I become a millionaire by age 30? I'll be graduating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

How do I become a millionaire by age 30?

I'll be graduating in Mech engineering in about 2 years at around age 24-25

I reckon I'll be making anywhere from 50k-70k starting

I understand by age 30 if I save as much as possible I'll have like 200k at the very most

A million is just a good place to be I think and would be indicative of vaster growth in later years

Am I being unrealistic?
>>
invest in data bits, lepen and via
>>
>>1933590
>drop out of college
>leave your apartment
>sell your car
>sell your smartphone
>buy $125/year tracphone plan
>get a CDL-A (two weeks of training)
>get $50-$70k year starting out
>no bills, no rent, no cellphone, no car payment, no insurance etc.
>2 years later, pay cash for a modestly priced townhome in a good growing neighborhood
>rent it out
>rinse and repeat until you own the whole fucking neighborhood (it gets faster each iteration)
>be millionaire within 10-ish years
>>
>>1933610
But truck driving is for method addicts

Also this pisses me off that they make as much as engineers for simply driving, I can't do this anyway. Not with what I've invested into school already and I have back problems as it is
>>
I know two mechanical engineers.
Ones a bouncer at a strip joint, and the other drives a UPS truck.
>>
>>1933891
But How were their grades?
>>
>>1933620

Well you're never going to be a millionaire with a shitty attitude/work ethic and a bad back anyway.
>>
>>1933981
Shitty attitude and work ethic? Because I won't drop school just like that at the advice of some random cunt who says I should drive trucks instead?

Doubt you'll ever be a millionaire yourself
>>
>>1933909
I was in your exact position OP.

Graduated when I was 26. Mechanical engineering.

Oil/mining crashed, unemployed for 3 years. Location: Canada.

Your grades don't mean shit if the economy crashed or if you live in a networking city. Companies will always hire at the bare minimum coop students over you or sponsor visas engineers from abroad (if you are based in Canada, luckily the US has a H1B visa cap).

As for myself I'm switching to real estate and if Canada decides to shit on me by putting taxes on forgein buyers then I'm leaving for egypt. Fuck this country.
>>
>>1934003
Half millionaire at 29 here. You sound like a whiney bitch
>>
By 30? You basically have three options:

1. Go to a top Uni, perform at the top level, and use the connections that you make there to land a six figure job right out of undergrad.
2. Start a company and hope that it either takes off enough to net you a windfall or a bigger company buys you out.
3. Have some talent like acting, singing, or writing and hone your craft while playing the promotional game until you hit the big leagues.

If you had said 35 your options would open up more.
>>
>>1934003

The advice I would give you is to network NOW. Make friends with everyone, even people you don't like. Expand your linkedin connection to 100+ people so it actually becomes effective. Go to all career fairs and express extreme enthusiasm in working for a company. Learn to provide value to people you believe could provide you or refer you to a job in the future.

Because if you fail, like me, then you just wasted 4+ years of your life.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.