[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't they use large denominations of bills any more?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1000 Dollars.jpg (107KB, 728x308px) Image search: [Google]
1000 Dollars.jpg
107KB, 728x308px
Why don't they use large denominations of bills any more? If they had them in the 1930s when the dollar was worth a lot more why not today with all the inflation?
>>
the fuck do you need paper money for
>>
>>1932530

I'd like to know this too, $1k bills looked cool as fuck
>>
Because they aren't necessary and make illegal activity easier. Large bills were used by banks and such, but now it's all electronic. Really they need to get rid of the hundred and perhaps the fifty as well.
>>
>>1932530
To make it harder for criminals to move money around "secretly" is what I imagine.

A cashless society is coming closer and closer everyday so no real point in intorducing it now. I never carry cash, if I lose it or it's stolen it's gone.
>>
>>1932541
>Get rid of the $100

Fuck that, I don't want to carry around a briefcase full of $20's just to buy a used car or boat from some guy on Craigslist...
>>
>>1932667
There are these magical things called checks.
>>
>>1932678
stop using papr you kill the planet
>>
>>1932530

>carry $1000 bill around
>get mugged
>never recover money

>carry plastic around
>get mugged
>ring...ring..."Hi Pajeet, yes, please freeze my card"
>>
>>1932678
People aren't going to take a personal check from some random person that shows up in response to a Craigslist ad. Cashier's checks and money orders are out because a final price isn't decided on until you meet in person and haggle a bit. Most Craigslist shit goes down on the weekends when banks and post offices are gonna be closed.
>>
>>1932684
>implying the perp won't stab/shoot you after you comply just in case
>>
>>1932692
Everything you discussed can be planned for and should be planned for when it comes to a large purchase. I'll never bring a large amount of cash to any Craigslist meeting unless it's at a bank, CU, or police station. Lots of financial institutions are open early on Saturday's anyway.
>>
>>1932696

Like how bank robbers always shoot everyone in the bank afterwards?

You're retarded.
>>
>>1932530
Large bills are almost entirely used in criminal activity.
80% of US physical currency by value is in $100 bills. 2/3 of those bills are thought to be overseas, and 75% are unaccounted for (as in, aren't in banks).
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.