[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 24, never had a job, never went to college, don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1433504657909.jpg (516KB, 1901x2100px) Image search: [Google]
1433504657909.jpg
516KB, 1901x2100px
I'm 24, never had a job, never went to college, don't have a license, still live at home with mom and dad. Earn $8k a year in benefits and after amenities literally get $5 in my pocket every week and lucky enough that my parents don't ask for rent and buy food, which I don't consume a lot of because I feel guilty as hell.

I have worked hard on my own websites and forums which haven't gone anywhere which barely earned enough ad revenue to cover the cheap ass shared hosting. I thought by now after 6 years my websites would have taken off and got me a decent living by now and we'd go from there but their revenue now has dropped below hosting fees.

The gold train isn't going to make it.
>>
>>1932076
I don't get it. Are you asking for advice or what?
>>
What's your forum?

I was planning on making my own forum website after I graduate with CS degree this May (sorry, not trying to rub it in), but I'm not sure if it's worth it. I think I have an original idea but I know there are a million forum websites.

Btw, if you tell me what your forum is, I'll click on an ad for you OP.
>>
>>1933479
digbiggernick.com
>>
>>1932076
Well dude to chime in (knowing nothing about what you've actually done) how are you going to make money if your material doesn't matter to the majority?
You might need to change your business model in order to have effective ad revenue.
Specialization in these days isn't going to get you anywhere unless one million people are seeking it.
Thinking general and wider.
>>
>>1932076
Forum master here.

I have made several more or less self running hundred thousand member forums in my time and each earn around $15000 a year in ad revenue alone in addition to the affiliate marketing and ebook sales that go along with the ability to speak to such a large audience like that. I also ciphon off a large amount of people to rack up views on my youtube channel which opens the floodgates for new youtube forum sign ups and the two just supplement each other.

To grow a forum takes a lot of cash and 75% of that goes on advertising.

Each of my forums took a few years to reach the level they are today (they are still growing). I split each of these years in stages. I spend around $200 on cycled advertising, depending on whether it's the first year, second year or every other subsequent year after.

To grow a forum as large as the big boys, for the first year (major growth), you have to put aside roughly $200 for advertising every single week, for the next year (minor growth), it's $200 every other week and for the third year and each year after it, you only need to spend that every month.

Monthly cost of Major Growth period:
$350 + ($200 x 4 weeks per month) = $1150 / month
Annual cost of Major Growth period: $13800 /year

Monthly cost of Minor Growth period:
$350 + ($200 x 2 weeks per month) = $750 /month
Annual cost of Minor Growth period: $9000 /year

Monthly cost of maintenance period:
$350 + ($200 x 1 week per month) = $550 /month
Annual cost of maintenance period: $6000 /year

You will not make a profit from ad revenue alone until approximately the second half of the second year. Just like any other upstart, you need money upfront in order to grow and get your venture to the point where it's self sustainable.

Note that advertising includes insta/twitter/facebook shoutouts, which in my experience have been some of the best investments over traditional advertisements.
>>
>>1933710
what
>>
>>1932076
yeah 24 years of taking it easy will hurt you in the end. thanks for the lesson.
>>
>>1934489
what wasn't clear
>>
File: Seu Leu Alamari.jpg (31KB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
Seu Leu Alamari.jpg
31KB, 480x358px
>>1934470
>Forum Master here
>$800 a month in advertising
>>
>>1934470
So your spending $6000 a year and you're making $12k net?

I'm having a hard time believing you're making that much just from ads desu. Even my mum uses an additional blocker these days.
>>
bump for more internet enterpreneur roleplayers to drop their knowledge
im dedicated to make a living online
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.