[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Union worker here. Made $3,000 during the last 2 weeks, but I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Union worker here. Made $3,000 during the last 2 weeks, but I might not work for another month. What's the best way to make that money make more money without starving?
>>
Buy Syscoin
>>
File: 1489686580000.jpg (69KB, 537x800px) Image search: [Google]
1489686580000.jpg
69KB, 537x800px
>>1931038
buy shit
fix it up
sell it for cash
>>
I still don't get the point of unions are they just boomer clubs or what
>>
>>1931038
>Union
You dun goofed.
>>
>>1931091
I don't know man... $47/hour is pretty good. I just need to make the money go somewhere, I don't want to waste what I make
>>
>>1931064
Depends on which you get into. Some have crazy dues that make the union rich, others actually look out for the worker. I'm lucky enough to get in with the latter. I can't complain with my union, but I've seen other unions that are garbage.
>>
>>1931104
What kind of work do you do? Why can't you have a steady 40 hours a week at that rate?
>>
>>1931176
I help build tradeshows. I'll get more hours the longer I stay in the union. Gotta wait for the old timers to retire and move up on the union roster. I get more hours every year, it just sucks right now since I'm only 2 years in. Guys that have been there for 10+ years get regular work hours, new comers like me still have to move up.
>>
>>1931038
Have you considered buying some kneepads?
>>
>>1931038
>can't stretch 3k out for a month

the paycheck to paycheck meme really needs to die
>>
>>1931038
Get another job where whiny cucks dont throw a fit every month and strike?

Other than that a tight budget.
>>
>>1931064
Unions have their issues but they have their benefits, Lack of unions allows companies to just hire and pay the bare minimums, Unions bargain for better wages and benefits etc. Sometimes this can get out of hand for example. The area I live in, You cannot get any work as a union electrician because the wages are too high. All the small contractors get all the jobs because they can undercut the union bids. Then it just becomes a race to the bottom in an economy where our money earned doesn't go near as far as it used to go. The whole situation is fucked
>>
>>1931038

So you and I are in a similar position. You need a side hustle.

Here's some ideas:

> sell real estate
> UBER
> Part-time manual labor

There's a lot of side hustles out there that are decent. I got a call recently from my dad that a business friend of his needs guys randomly to help set up booths for trade shows. The gig pays 20/hr and 40/hr on Saturdays.
>>
>>1931064

They prevent the bottom tier of labor in a company from being paid nickels.

Yes they have their drawbacks, but most industries are better off with a union than without.
>>
Find a landscaper who will pay you cash and will accept your situation. Call around. Decent money if you find someone who you can rely on to pay you.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.