[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /biz/. Me and a couple of friends want to start a fashion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: shopify-ipo-blog-banner.png (14KB, 810x340px) Image search: [Google]
shopify-ipo-blog-banner.png
14KB, 810x340px
Hey /biz/. Me and a couple of friends want to start a fashion brand and was wondering if you guys have any experience in the eCommerce business?

Is pic-related a good platform for a newcomer?
>>
>>1929384
Bump
>>
>>1929384

From what i've seen not,
Ppl at /Biz seem to have fallen for some meme, set off by someone giving away passes for shopify.

Kek
>>
>>1929384
New business startup here

I have experience in making my own website with zero programming ability, but the ability to google what I need, sometimes asking biz and trying to figure all this shit out.

When it comes to eCommerce, a lot of stuff provides you with a shopping cart, at which point you can check out, etc. For your business, it sounds like the kind of setup you want. For my business, I don't want a shopping cart, because I run an online service. I just want them to click the buy button, enter their info, then we begin. So I was in this predicament forever, but I finally found through /biz/ about Gravity Forms and the Stripe plugin. I will always use Stripe because it accepts an absurd amount of currencies.

Anyways, look at shopify, woocommerce, wordpress, SQUARESPACE. I put squarespace in caps, because at the same time I started my business, two friends made their own and said squarespace was incredibly easy to use.

You'll want to compare fees and everything of each company, to see which meets your needs best. Since you'll be charging money, your website will want an SSL cert too
>>
>>1929946
Thanks for your input m8. I've been looking into squarespace as well, might give it another look.

what's the best way to advertise our business ?
>>
>>1929993
I don't know yet, but I'm planning on paying FaceBook and Google for starters, since I'll be experimenting with investor money. All I'd need is like 1-2 sales for those advertisements to be refunded. Then I plan to manually put ads everywhere on free places, like Craigslist. Besides those, I'm not sure where to advertise. After that I'll probably just google other places to advertise and if they're inexpensive or I can do it myself, then I'll yolo it
>>
>>1930010
Good luck to you bro. How'd you get investor money? Kickstarter?
>>
>>1930049
Nope, good ol' mommy
But to elaborate, since it's an online service with zero physical product to sample and create or import, the only money I needed was for legal stuff and website stuff. I have my own savings, but she said since it's my first one, she'd be my banker for this one. I will be able to pay her back easily.
>>
>>1930061
That's awesome dude. Hope everything turns out well for you.
>>
>>1930065
I hope everything turns out for you as well. If you want to keep in touch to see how businesses are progressing, put a dummy email
>>
>>1929384

Will you want to produce garments abroad or import fabrics?
>>
>>1929513
That's was about dropshipping. I assume OP would have inventory if it's a "fashion label"

>>1929946
TIL about Stripe.
Every once in a while /biz/ is informative

>>1930395
Curious about this do
>>
>>1931535
Well, if it's a 'fashion label' they would need new collection 2/4 times a year.
>>
>>1929384
Which sex primarily are you targeting, or both?
>>
File: 20170405_102409.png (104KB, 1920x383px) Image search: [Google]
20170405_102409.png
104KB, 1920x383px
>>1929384
No idea bit bump for interest.

Pic not necessarily related unless EatMyAssWithASpoon Apparel llc.
>>
>>1930395
We design our shirts, hoodies, tank-tops. Get them made, (we're still deciding whether to make them ourselves or have them made by another company designed for that stuff). Then sell it on our website.

>>1931857
All 365 of them. Jk, both guys and gals.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.