[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can employers find out why you were fired? What should you put

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1446098947633.png (59KB, 658x662px) Image search: [Google]
1446098947633.png
59KB, 658x662px
Can employers find out why you were fired?
What should you put on an app/say when they ask? Burger btw.
>>
They can call your previous employer and ask why you were fired, so it's best not to lie about it.

Just explain things and make it seem like you were in the right.
>>
If a previous employer has it in for you, they can make up any lie that they want.

On an application, I never put "laid off" as a reason for leaving. Technically, I was looking for work before the layoff, HR just beat me to the punch, so I use that reason. You do have to spin a little if you have a couple of those. If you keep saying "better opportunity" you look like a job hopper and some employers are very butthurt about that.
>>
corporate policy is usually to never disclose information beyond verifying your time working there and your position
issue is if you leave a job on bad terms you can't really use references from there
>>
Depends on the state and size of the company. Most large corporations will say "He worked from x until y" and that's it, because it's a potential lawsuit.

Smaller companies typically give them the real story, and depending on how stupid your former employer is, may lay it on thick.
>>
>>1927090
>If a previous employer has it in for you, they can make up any lie that they want.
And open themselves up to claims for libel, slander, and tortious interference.

Which is why any employer with half a brain, a lawyer, or the ability to Google "how to handle reference requests for former employees" does exactly what >>1927095 said.
>>
>>1927057
>>1927095
>>1927106
For a minwagiecuck job or some maybe midtier horseshit?

n o one gives a crap. You'll only get blacklisted in higher areas. For everything else literally lie, cheat, fabricate whatever. Your employer probably will never even check
>>
From a burger joint? Fuck it, have a friend pasty the manager role, put his number down as manager. If anything, he resigned shortly after you left.
>>
Jobs like that probably won't even bother to check. And have others have said, employers normally only disclose dates of employment for legal reasons. When employers would ask me to be a reference for someone who used to work for me, I had to forward all that information to HR. I couldn't say anything.

If a past employer badmouths you on a reference check, it could be a lawsuit.
>>
>>1927148
Burger means I'm american. It was a shitty retail job, but I have better opportunities incoming thanks to some nepotism. I just don't wanna be fucked over. Thanks for replies. Was hoping some HR fucks or managers might be on here.
>>
>>1927106
>And open themselves up to claims for libel, slander, and tortious interference.
Only if that law is enforced. OP did say he was American, AKA Corporatist Paradise.
>>
>>1927095
This, OP.

You're fucking fine.

If they ask tell them specifically how you think X in your new job, which was not present in your previous job, is a better match for your skill Y and state that as the reason for leaving.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.