[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where are you on the class hierarchy /biz/? Where are you aiming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: thirteenstepladder.png (76KB, 2348x2348px) Image search: [Google]
thirteenstepladder.png
76KB, 2348x2348px
Where are you on the class hierarchy /biz/? Where are you aiming for? What are your parents?

>presently G2
>aiming for E2
>Dad's an L2/L1, Mom's a G3
>>
This is autistic.
>>
>>1926232

>Trying to understand your social position and how to change it is autistic

Okay I guess...
>>
>>1926227
no idea, this shit could as well be chinese.
>>
>>1926431

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/4/8/1200263/-Examining-social-class-in-the-US-Church-s-3-ladder-system

In depth explanation.
>>
Seriously? Nobody?
>>
>>1926227
Currently G2 and moving into E4

Parents:

>Mother deceased
>Father is a drug addict
>>
>>1926227
I don't think I understand the ladder, but I perform business analysis which is pretty much treated as gospel by everyone from the EVP of our firm on down and used to determine the allocation of millions of dollars in capital expenditures. So I'd put myself somewhere around the G1-E3 G2-E4 box.

My Father is a skilled Engineer with 20+ patents but he has never wanted to manage people which put a cap on his career, so maybe G1. Mother was an engineer as well now retired, less successful than my Dad G2-G3.
>>
I'd say E4

Have my own business with 30 workers.
>>
>>1928054

That sounds as much L1 as E4 depending on the nature of that business.
>>
>>1928058
True but it's more like:

>G2: High gentry. Church's 2.45% is definitely more precise than accurate. Not so much more money than G3s but more autonomy. Professors, scientists, entrepreneurs, middle managers. They'd be bored silly in many G3 jobs.
>>
File: fireworkfall.gif (3MB, 568x320px) Image search: [Google]
fireworkfall.gif
3MB, 568x320px
>>1926227
My parents are high-school dropouts that inherited a manufacturing business 25 years ago that employs 2 people and makes around ~100k/year before taxes.

I'm in law school right now; where am I?
>>
>>1928066

If it's a lifestyle business.

>>1928084

Attempting law school puts you at E4.
>>
File: 1489191878597.png (177KB, 367x321px) Image search: [Google]
1489191878597.png
177KB, 367x321px
>>1926227
I have no idea, any employee sells labour so those in the G category could be interpreted as being in the L one. I'll let you have the final say where everything matches up as I'm not 100% sure.

My Mum is a solution architect preparing to purchase a property investment (and eventually get into it full time). Due to her educational background and her ability to move into the E category, I'd put her in G2.

My Dad is a self-employed business consultant who owns a property investment. Due to his ownership of a rental property and his self-employment I'd put him into E2. He has no interest in getting to E1.

I am a business and IT student at my local university. I volunteer some of my time for experience, and have sold my labour occasionally. I'd say I have the mindset of someone in G2-E4 (due to financial, social, etc.. influences from my parents) but am in reality currently a L4.
>>
>>1928090

Your dad works, so he's E3. E2s don't work, they just put in appearances for the prestige. Your mom probably has a foot in G2 and E4 each.
>>
>>1926298
No that's not autistic, arbitrarily classifying it with no regard to the nuances and complexities of human relationships and the pliable nature of identity is by definition autistic.

Like where would a cult leader sit in this? What about a shut-in like John Frusciante?
>>
>>1928453

Depends on the cult.
>>
>>1926227
E1 reporting in. Feelsgood
>>
>>1926227
i don't get it, if you don't own business you have to sell labor in one form or an other. this gentry thing makes zero sense.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.