[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Start a business anon >Stop being a wagie I WANT to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1490671854016.jpg (65KB, 500x392px) Image search: [Google]
1490671854016.jpg
65KB, 500x392px
>Start a business anon
>Stop being a wagie

I WANT to set up a business, I WANT to find something to focus my life on.

How does one find a niche in society, do you just casually take a stroll outside and observe; do you do research on these things? Do you ask people what they want.

I'm a former wage cuck, currently a NEET but I got good capital and support from family. I just dont know how to find a niche to fixate on.

Any business owners here, how did you take a stroll outside and find whats missing.
>>
The only successful person here literally cleans toilets for a living.

Where are you from, Op?
>>
File: y.jpg (50KB, 527x383px) Image search: [Google]
y.jpg
50KB, 527x383px
>>1925259
>The only successful person here literally cleans toilets for a living.
do not.
I hire people to clean toilets
>>
I've got no capital and I'm just now starting college. But I got my idea by realizing I had way too much free time and I'm also fucking poor, so that helped.

I don't think you can start a business from scratch without any sort of fire under your ass like that. Anyway I literally just sat down one night and considered all the options I had, if I could conceivably do it, and found my thing.

I'm not gonna tell you my specific niche but for example I don't have a degree or lots of money so I decided my free time would be my greatest asset and trained myself to use some computer programs that let me make and sell stuff on the internet.

So don't try to search through the entire global economy for your "niche", just go through a list of what you can do with your time, knowledge, and money, then go from there

hoped that helped. Cool picture
>>
I get quite a lot inspiration by talking to people (clients, coworkers, boss, people at your gym, etc.). Obviously these are only a starting point but should give you a general idea.

Some examples:

- Heard some dog owners talk about the trouble buying and carrying big bags of dog food
=> Possible solution: Monthly dog food subscription

- Worked in academia as a student. Noticed how horribly the projects were managed
=> Possible solution: project management platform for researchers

- Young people don't know how to save and invest. Thus are either confused or don't save at all
=> Possible solution: ?

And so on
>>
>>1925259

I'm from Hong Kong.

I have an idea about starting a online merchant site that sells sports supplements to the Chinese mainland market. The Chinese are really fixated on being healthy, but in a more holistic way (tai chi, etc); but I want to introduce the weightlifting culture into China for their next generation.
>>
>>1925289

forgot to add: it also helps that Chinese consumers have absolutely no faith in their own national health products so i'll be doing the opposite of what most people are doing.

Buy from the USA cheap in bulk, sell to to Chinese in jacked up prices.
>>
I saw something on 4chan once and it directly gave me an idea for an app which I then built. I'm earning decent money from it now.
>>
>>1925289
So you want to contradict what the market says it wants? Generally not the best idea. What could make it work is if you talk to a lot of people in China and discover an underserved group of people who want to get into weightlifting but don't have a source they trust for supplements. You can't make people buy something they don't already want (with some exceptions), but people with a problem = money. You probably have connections by virtue if being from HK, use those to talk to people; success comes from a deep understanding of the market, otherwise you leave it up to luck.
>>
File: 1481127539521.jpg (46KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
1481127539521.jpg
46KB, 500x492px
Hello /biz/,

I've been lurking ever since I started considering investing some the money I have put away. Recently, I opened up an account with tdameritrade just so I can have a look at some stocks I had interested in. My question to you all is: What is a safe route for a noob investor to go? I have about 8,000usd I'm willing to invest.
>>
>>1926295
Buy amazon
>>
>>1926301
lmao
>>1926295
Safe route would be an index fund of some sort. Pretty low stress, ok returns. Maybe keep a little of it to play with and learn, with the understanding that it could all disappear.
>>
>>1925253
yeah it always seems so impossible

last week I met a business owner worth several hundred million. I only talked about politics with him. kinda regret the wasted opportunity, should have asked him about how he started and grew his business. he clearly liked me and maybe I could even have built a nice connection. but I didnt want to be that poor student who annoys random old rich people
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.