[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have a career advice thread? I'm sitting around in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: Fucking Game.png (383KB, 438x575px) Image search: [Google]
Fucking Game.png
383KB, 438x575px
Can we have a career advice thread?
I'm sitting around in a general arts/science course until August, trying to decide what sort of job to train for. I have some different goals than most people. So I'm keeping my options open, and I'd like a few ideas.

My story is that I'm 29, and I don't care about most of my work. I want to use my career to do during motorcycle trips. So I'd like something that I can do on the side when I get into town with minimal tools. Or something I can do online.

I really don't care about the rat race at this point, and I want to motorcycle as much as possible. Not really needing a house will be okay, and being able to pick up a few bucks for gas and food will also be fine. I could just set my fixed address to the parents house for identification and insurance purposes.

I guess I could shoot and edit videos and post them to YouTube. Get a Patreon going and a motovlog. But some of those guys spend more time shooting and editing video than they do riding. If you have any ideas that are more realistic, that would be pretty ace.
>>
Remote freelancing/coding/design
Kneepads (obviously)
>>
>>1924318
Sell meth.
>>
>>1924320
Kneepads is easy. I already own a pair. I am not very good at math however, and that may present problems while programming. I'll look into it.
>>1924336
Legal question then. If I print up a bunch of sugar pills and sell them as "Oxycontin", am I stelling drugs? They're fake drugs and no one's gonna OD.
That'd be a strange court case. I'd probably still get nailed by cops.
>>
>>1924318
start racing motorcycles then. its what you like to do. then do it
>>
>26
>programmer but in a non-glamorous field
>salary is unlikely to ever exceed 80k bc no degree
> work for a small company that does not offer a 401k

I've considered getting into freelance webdev considering my technical background but I see much more potential in finance however the barrier to entry seems high given how little I know of economics. Algotrading seems to be an interesting mix of the two but again my poor knowledge of finance will be a limiting factor. So should I play to my strengths and try my hand at entrepreneurial webdev or invest the time in studying finance? My time is limited so it would have to be one or the other at first. Not looking for get rich quick schemes, I'm willing to put in the work.
>>
OP here. Bumping the thread to see if I can get more advice.
>>
File: 1365045314865.jpg (75KB, 365x450px) Image search: [Google]
1365045314865.jpg
75KB, 365x450px
>My story is that I'm 29, and I don't care about most of my work. I want to use my career to do during motorcycle trips. So I'd like something that I can do on the side when I get into town with minimal tools.

>I really don't care about the rat race at this point, and I want to motorcycle as much as possible. Not really needing a house will be okay, and being able to pick up a few bucks for gas and food will also be fine. I could just set my fixed address to the parents house for identification and insurance purposes.

try traveling on your bike around Cuba and remember to write a diary.
>>
>>1925842
That worked really well for Ernesto. But he was a little more ambitious than you and rode around all South America.
Now, eventually that's something I plan to do. Ride all around South America.

That said, I'm still open to advice from people. If anyone has some decent ideas for work, that would be fantastic.
>>
>>1924318
Buying and selling motorcycles, repairing or building motorcycles, sell motorcycle accessories, start up a biker bar, etc.
>>
File: 498840535.jpg (5KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
498840535.jpg
5KB, 300x225px
Give me one reason I should not apply to Harvard pretending to be a black tranny
>>
>>1924569
Scamming people is illegal. Cant even sell oragano as weed
>>
File: Screenshot_20170328-162814.png (476KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170328-162814.png
476KB, 1080x1920px
>>1924576
Think long and hard about thrashing on a bike.

This is the aftermath of my bike riding me down a concrete ditch at 50...
>>
>>1927519
What are they going to do, report him to the federal trade commission?
>>
>>1924318
Review fucking motorcycles?
>>
>>1924318
Jesus Christ grow up.

>"Bawwwwww I just wanna ride a motorbike all day"

Join the fucking Australian Postal Service that's all they do all fucking day
>>
>>1924617
Most institutional algo traders have phds in math or computer science.
Learn high level maths first.
The finance shit is easy comparatively.
>>
learn to code, get a job that'll let you work out of office.

Travel wherever you want on your bike, live out of a tent. it's a good time.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.