[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>trade stocks at home >claim my rent, electric bill, internet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Pepe-the-frog-redrawn-670x670.jpg (61KB, 670x670px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe-the-frog-redrawn-670x670.jpg
61KB, 670x670px
>trade stocks at home
>claim my rent, electric bill, internet bill, and PC as business expenses
>still collect autismbux on the side
>>
>>1924107
The downside to doing this is that you have to claim a bunch of things as income tax that you wouldn't normally have to, and self-employment taxes which add up.
>>
>>1924107

Better hope you don't get audited.

https://www.fool.com/taxes/2008/09/04/another-reason-not-to-day-trade.aspx

>One Florida couple sought to do exactly that. After making $280,000 in income in 1999 and 2000, they decided to go pro. In 2001, they formed a company and made more than 660 trades over the course of two years. Not surprisingly, they suffered losses during the bear market -- losses they tried to claim as regular business losses.

Not so fast, said the IRS. While hundreds of trades a year might seem like a lot, the IRS didn't think so. It has two tests to determine eligibility: Was the couple's trading activity "substantial"? And were they trying to catch "swings in the daily market movements" in an attempt to profit from these short-term changes?

>For the Florida couple, the Tax Court found that the answer to both questions was no. All of the deductions they wanted to itemize as business losses became capital losses instead, resulting in a tax bill of $98,000.
>>
IRS usually lets that shit sit for a while so they can tack on interest when they bring the hammer down.

On the bright side, you'll have a lot of the memecoin anons going down with you so you wont be alone.
>>
>>1924119
why does the government insist on ruining peoples lives?
>finally make 280k
>small hint of freedom
>end up losing some
>get hammered with a tax bill to finish you off
>>
>>1924157

So there are more worker ants in the colony
>>
>>1924107
>got full time job 9 months ago
>still work freelance on the side
>Still claim everything in my house
>Would also claim my lunches while im at full time job but im not that much of a madman
>>
>>1924157
Silly wage slave, we can't have everyone getting wealthy now can we....
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.