[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my mom's starting a Temp Agency and she eventually wants

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Part_1_temp_agency.png (607KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Part_1_temp_agency.png
607KB, 1280x720px
So my mom's starting a Temp Agency and she eventually wants me to come and help her run it. What does /biz/ know about Temp Agencies and what advice does /biz/ have on running one?
>>
Invest in kneepads
>>
>>1924030

>So my mom's starting a Temp Agency

While I'm sure your mom knows what she's doing this really sounds like a business that's teetering on the brink of obsolescence.
>>
>>1924030
Has anyone on /biz/ ever used a temp agency?
>>
>>1924030

your mom is a parasite and should die in a fire. You too if you chose to help her
>>
How is she going to compete with the local Kelly Services / Office Team / Others?

I used one back when I was in high school. Protip: tell your mom never to place a kid somewhere because he "is good with computers" and reminds her of her child.

I had no training and FUCKED a lot of client's files up.
>>
>>1924142
you will never amount to anything with that attitude
>>
>>1924112
How so? Lots of jobs on site aggregators are bullshit. Even then, getting through the HR wall on applications is sometimes impossible due to the shitty functionality of the website.
>>
>>1924112
Not really. Lots of businesses don't want to deal with payroll or healthcare expenses so they get temp workers.
>>
>>1924112
Not really. temp agencies relieve employers of most of the risk of hiring/firing people. It makes some of the hardest parts of managing labor become push-button.

To be fair OP, you should really just kill yourself and kill your mom for concocting an idea to profit from the economic enslavement of people just trying to work to provide for themselves. Go fuck with poor people, don't fuck with people actively trying to work and be a part of society.
>>
>>1924624

Yup, unfortunately they are becoming the new norm. You are also forgetting that it allows companies to evade paying out unemployment tax when they decide to dispose of their workers.
>>
>>1924030
if youre in a big city good luck competing with the thousands of indian scumbag recruiters who dont give a shit about ethics or retaining their contractors
>>
There's really no secret. You're going to have to market in both directions: clients and workers. You market for both 24/7. You should try to keep your margins high. If you're paying 8/hr, bill 15/hr. It's a shit job, but you can make a lot of money.
>>
Fuck your mom I'm gonna open a temp agency right now come work for me
>>
>>1924030
Funny, I set up an entire business plan to make my own temp agency. I just didn't have the startup money, so I made another business in the mean time

When I make enough from this business, I plan to continue with the temp plan, but I live in a city that is good for it

>>1924142
>FUCKED a lot of <x y z> up
Yes, that's normal when making a business for the first time. That's when you fix it and never fuck it up again
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.