[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it wrong to feel bad about missing work due to being legitimately

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1484465088724.jpg (152KB, 603x548px) Image search: [Google]
1484465088724.jpg
152KB, 603x548px
Is it wrong to feel bad about missing work due to being legitimately ill?

Have I gone full-wagie?
>>
>>1921677
You only feel bad because your work makes you feel guilty.

My job let's me take infinite PTO. kek
>>
File: 1419032122122.png (90KB, 258x256px) Image search: [Google]
1419032122122.png
90KB, 258x256px
>call off sick
>not really sick
>don't give a shit

They don't appreciate a damn thing I do. Me and one other person do most of the work while everyone has a giant ice scream social and fuck around on their phones.

If either one of us aren't there, nothing gets done on time.

FUCK EM
>>
File: Silhouette.png (7KB, 384x384px)
Silhouette.png
7KB, 384x384px
>>1921677
yeah they incept that shit in you the moment they interview you. Fuck em.
>>
>>1921699
Dubs for truth.

Fuck being a wagie
>>
>>1921677
Yes, I'll break it down:

>you exist to make the company profit
>your sick days cut into that profit
>you don't see any of that profit
>how fucking rich the investors/owners get is not your problem

Don't feel bad. Plus, by not coming in, you're probably saving your co-workers from getting sick too.
>>
>>1921715
It's not the flu or something. My eyes are just really fucked lately.
>>
Nope not only that but in some cases you actually should call in sick every couple of months. A long time ago this piece of shit I worked for in the IT industry would get overconfident and if I wasn't there for even a day, he'd get one new problem he couldn't fix. Every day for a week after being gone for just one was highly appreciated. Have no idea what he does since I got a better offer and quit.
>>
>>1921727
See a doctor man, you don't wanna risk losing sight.

But seriously, if you're sick and suffering, there's no reason to feel bad about taking time off.
>>
>>1921677
LOL
This made the me fucking LOL espetially when I imagined your face like pic related.

Yes you've gone too deep. Sick days are chill days nigs
>>
>>1921742
We're just working on an important project...

As for the eyes I've seen an optometrist but they didn't say too much. They just recommended some otc eyedrops and rest which hasn't had any significant improvement. I'm in Canada so I'm not sure what to do about it, might go to the hospital and get it checked or a referral as that seems to be the most practical(and fastest) approach.
>>
>>1921677
Don't be an idiot. I love my job but I love my off time more. Take your breaks even if you aren't very sick, unless there's some huge deadline looming on one of your projects
>>
>>1921750
What are your symptoms, how long have you been experiencing them?
>>
>>1921677
Stockholm Syndrome
>>
>>1921759
Moderate subconjunctival redness in both eyes and quite significant occasional pain over a period of several weeks now.
>>
>>1921768
Do you have glasses? I do and I have to get re-checked every 6 years or so, I know it's time because I'll get consistently bad and unprovoked migraines every day.
>>
>>1921772
Yeah I do. I get an eye exam every 1.5 years. This issue is a lot more severe though. I don't think it's related to the present symptoms though.
>>
Yes I feel bad for being sick, but I have to talk myself into taking that sick day off because I know I have every right.

The only reason I feel bad is because it makes my manager have to find someone to take my shift or take the shift herself. Then I realize not my fault she only hired the minimum amount of people to work with no downtime inbetween.
>>
>>1921677

i havent taken a sick day in 5 years

i have like 60 sick days accumulated

dont be like me

ur worse than the biggest cuck
>>
>>1921797
It's good to keep some in the bank though, so if you get real sick you're not boned.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.