[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

retired military here, 29, too lazy to work or start a biz what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: download.png (4KB, 225x225px)
download.png
4KB, 225x225px
med retired with insomnia
>>
Invest all of it in BMY, CHK and MiloCoin
>>
>>1921391
bodyguard or security

just stand or sit around and browse the chans
>>
How did you retire at 29? You join at 9 years old?
>>
>>1921600
you only have to be in the army for 13 years before you retire dude
>>
>>1921391
I'm assuming you live in the US so you should probably move to another country that has a lower cost of living and try to get work as a bodyguard, teaching english to other people etc. What are your passions and hobbies op?
>>
>>1921391
What did you get retired for, and how did you work it with the VA?
I've got hella insomnia too now from all this rotating shift work, and wouldn't mind a decent rating.

>>1921603
It's actually 20 years, but you can be medically retired at any time. I know someone who's getting medically retired at 3 years.
>>
>>1921401
And DD on BMY and CHK?
>>
>>1921612
insomnia itself is a diagnosis. MEB gave me 70, VA upgraded it to 100 after six months. non combat related, my circadian rhythm got scrambled from night duty. i was in a psych ward on ambien for three months, at the end they were just like, your done, sleep outside the military. i do sleep now thank god, but im still tired most of the time

>>1921610
I enjoy reading and cooking and weight lifting. i suck at language and hate kids though, not sure i could teach, plus as i said I'm sleepy as fuck all
>>
>>1921391

>29
>retired

Does military pay that well that you can retire that young? wtf?
>>
>>1921637
He's basically on service related disability.
>>
>>1921632
Thanks, I can't seem to sleep more than 5 hours on work nights, and I think it's because I've been switched from days, swings, and mids over 15 times in the past 6 months.

I don't think I'm anywhere as bad as you were, don't see myself in a psych ward.

>>1921637
No.
If they break you and you aren't useful to them any longer, they will "retire" you, where they kick you out and pay you some dollars every month (depending on your rank, etc). The logic is that the military broke you, so it's the military's responsibility to at least make sure you have some money for the rest of your life.

It used to be you could do 20 years and retire with a pension that was about 1/4 of your pay, but they're getting rid of that.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.