[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw in college >tfw professors regularly use khanacademy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1490665911777.jpg (61KB, 646x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1490665911777.jpg
61KB, 646x1024px
>tfw in college
>tfw professors regularly use khanacademy videos as a teaching tool then expand/comment on the video

Why isn't khanacademy accredited yet?
>>
>>1921303
What a fantastic use of your tuition fee!
>>
>>1921307

It's kinda bullshit.

>read textbook before class
>teacher goes over what we read via powerpoint
>places some khanacademy videos
>then goes over briefly what we will do in the next class/questions
>repeat
>>
Nothing pisses me off more when a professor say to Google a topic. I'm paying 3k a class. You fucking explain it.

The problem is that professors are not educators first and foremost. They're researchers, grant chasers, contractors, and educators on the side. The people making courses online care deeply about education, plan out their lessons, research the latest technology because there is competition in the online education market. I've gotten better value out of 20$ courses on Udemy than some of my university courses. I fucking hate universities. If it weren't for accreditation they would be out of business.

Finishing my MS this semester. Highly recommend using online resources unless you want that piece of paper.
>>
>>1921303
What shir school is this? I'd be so fucking mad.
Technology in class room is meme anyways and DECREASES retaintion of material
>>
>>1921303
>fuck my ass t-shirt
You ironic anime loli peadofiles should be gassed.
>>
>>1921311
>It's kinda bullshit.
>>read textbook before class
>>teacher goes over what we read via powerpoint
>>places some khanacademy videos
>>then goes over briefly what we will do in the next class/questions
>>repeat
>why
>so you can prove to the gommit youll hop through pointless hoops for them
>>
>>1921303
dunno but his vids are hard to follow and the video is bad quality both sound and resolution. he is drifting off left and right. annoyed the shit out of me.
>>
>>1921594
Granpa alert. Them big cell-phones and whatcha-ma-puters amirite?
>>
>>1922469
You might be stupid
>>
>>1922625
Why you cheeky whipper snapper.....
>>
>>1921303
Gunter Dueck an ex manager and later CTO of a IBM branch heavily preaches that online classes are way superior to 0815 professors in 0815 universities and colleges.
>>
>>1922629
no he is definitely objectively rambling way too much and his videos are of shit quality.
>>
>>1922469
Dude can't afford to hire a voice actor
>>
>>1922720
if you don't belive me here is a quote from a professional
>Of course, his videos are not perfect. He tends to ramble a lot and get sidetracked; he doesn’t use visuals as effectively as he could; he’s often sloppy and sometimes downright wrong with his math; and he sometimes omits topics from his subjects that really need to be there
>>
>>1922725
i have watched a shittons of online courses and educational videos in the past 2 years. i would rate his from technical aspects and being concise to shit tier. butt of course it's probably a lot less annoying if you don't do marathons of his vids like i did.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.