[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have 500 or so amazon stocks I've had since forever. If

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1490998957455.jpg (25KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1490998957455.jpg
25KB, 400x400px
I have 500 or so amazon stocks I've had since forever. If a call option expiring in a month costs 7 dollars or 700 dollars for 100. does that mean I can sell 5 call options on my 500 stocks and generate a regular income of 3500 a month?

I know this is a dumb question but if i can make 3500 a month that would be really nice and i dont have to work at subway anymore
>>
invest it all in memecoins and eth
>>
>>1919195
I would search investopedia or a brokerage website. I don't really know but I fucking hate only seeing shitcoin posters here
>>
>>1919211
already sold 600 eth and have 500 still i dont want anymore...dont really like milo coin and stuff either..
>>
>>1919218
Invest it all in CHK
>>
File: 1490995311715.jpg (302KB, 967x1450px) Image search: [Google]
1490995311715.jpg
302KB, 967x1450px
>>1919224
will do
>>
>>1919225
>it's about to go bankrupt
>>
>>1919195
A call option is a one time thing m80

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_option

tl;dr it guarantees someone can buy the stock at the listed price. Or in your case, sell it at that price but also receive a premium which is generally worked out in some kind of agreement between you and the buyer.
>>
>>1919195
No. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. A call option will only increase in value if the value of your stock goes up. You're essentially doubling your ownership for x amount of months. You eventually must sell the call option. It doesn't last forever. And if the strike price is above the price of the stock then you blew the money you invested.
>>
>>1919258
I want to sell covered call options not buy them.
>>
>>1919195
1 option = 1 lot of 100.

700 stocks = 7 lots = 7 options.

Unless it's a mini option where 1 lot is 10 units.
>>
>>1919229
Definitely not
>>
>>1919195

Holy hell, you have 500 amazon stocks? Anyway, yes, you can sell up to 5 call options on the stock, at whichever expiration date you want. A good tip? It is better to sell shorter time periods than longer ones. Even though the long ones are juicer because of the added time value, the shorter ones can be repeated more often and result in more gains over the year. I'd recommend selling decently out-of-the-money calls, so that way you don't get your shares called away from you.

Also be weary of binary events like earnings reports. If you are selling a call that has that during its lifetime, and the earnings report is good, the stock might shoot up in value and it might hit the strike price, and it will get called away. Not necessarily a bad thing, but usually the sweet spot is to aim so that you give enough room for the stock to rally, but not enough to get taken away from you. That way you get the gains of the stock and the premium from selling the call option.

Good luck mate.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.