[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So why is nobody talking about siacoin? One of two groups working

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: Untitled-11.png (322KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-11.png
322KB, 650x650px
So why is nobody talking about siacoin?
One of two groups working on decentralized storage. The other one is inferior..
Very high developer activity, stable price gain...
>>
>>1913967
It seems very undervalued..
Its dev activity is on par with coins like monero, zcash, litecoin and Ripple yet its less than 10% the price of any of them..
>>
>>1913967
I didn't get in because theres too much supply, it was like 50 billion.
>>
>>1913974
Who cares...its market cap is only 13 mil.
Crap like Golem is 5 times the market cap..
>>
Both Sia and storjx are undervalued currently. Historically they hover near each other in price as well. While sia may be better tech, my money is in storjx right now. I think both should have market caps of around $20 mil.
>>
Explain why you see siacoin as inferior to storjx.
>>
>>1913991
I think it comes down to dev activity mainly. But both are probably working away quietly. Crypto community demands too many updates.
>>
>>1913991
Storj manages payments through their "bridge" services, therefore they are not a truly decentralised application like Sia.
>>
>>1913967
>>1913971
>>1913974
>>1913976
>>1913978
>>1913991
>>1913994

>t. online sockpuppets from India talking to each other to convince brainlets on /biz/ to buy into their scam

You're doing God's work, anons. Brainlets deserve to be scammed from every penny they have.
>>
>>1914004
We can't all have superior intellects like you.
>>
I've been holding since a year ago.
I got a very nice pot and it'll probably give me a lot of easy money.

>>1913991
Sia is superior to storj in every way except publicity. For a long time, storj was known as the only storage coin while sia worked silently. But now that the minebox is showing its head and sia has actually successfully gotten the system to go to speeds of ~300 MB/s except for smaller files, it's gotten buzz.
Now all sia has to do is keep being good and it'll sell like hotcakes.

>>1913978
Sia might reach 20 mill by the end of the week.
Though I think it's overvalued at the current moment by not having a that much storage on its network. Once it gets ~ 1 million TB, then it will be worth a lot.
>>
how does it work?

for example if I move an ebook to sia-storage could I share it with others, so they can "download" it while myself and the downloaders stay anonymous?
>>
>>1914804
You put your files onto the cloud. Your files are distributed into smaller 'chunks' onto other people's computer storage. Then you simply use the key provided to get back your files.

At the present moment, you can only do it while having the sia-ui downloaded to be able to extract the files, but they plan on being able to download the files from a link within two years.
So long as you have the key to the files, you can share it to anyone, and since the file itself is separated, you are the only one who can access it.
>>
I bought a million sia coins on poloniex
>>
Honestly, it's a very exciting project.
Within two years they plan on making file self replicate between host, auto adjust the price, provide people to download files without having to have the sia ui installed and have files over 40 MB upload at a +300 MB/s speed and eventually the same for files lower than 40MB.

https://trello.com/b/Io1dDyuI/sia-public-roadmap

This is a project I'm honestly all in money wise and see great potential. The project leader wants to be ''the facebook of storage'' and that boldness is why I'm pretty confident in the project and coin.

>>1914819
>>1914804
Also, to add, the reason why there are 'siacoins' is to have smart contracts. So that if I pay you to keep my files for a month, the system checks up whether the files are still there periodically. Only after a month are you paid for keeping the files. Meaning that people have incentive to keep the files on their storage and to remain online as much as possible.
>>
>>1914819
>>1914837

sounds nice.
but what happens if someone, who stores chunks of my upload crashes his computer?
is my file lost? are there mirrors of the chunks, like 5 different people have the same part of my file or something like that?

if the up- and downloads are fast this could be great for sharing illegal things, like pirated games, movies or even cp.
not a fan of the last one but this might be great for the coin-price, like the "darknet" was to BTC
>>
>>1914871
>but what happens if someone, who stores chunks of my upload crashes his computer?
Then he has a few hours to get back his computer online. It's basically like a torrent except no one person has the entire file. Essentially, your files are sent to ~ 10 people or so, but so long as 3-4 people are still online with your files, you can recover them.

>if the up- and downloads are fast this could be great for sharing illegal things, like pirated games, movies or even cp.
Indeed. Plus since this is decentralized, no one can go after the system or group itself. And no one can be blamed since the files themselves are encrypted. Say that you upload an illegally downloaded movie and it's separated into different chunks, those that have those chunks cannot be blamed or sued because they cannot know the content they are storing.
The system has a built in program in which companies can DMCA (?) a file to be taken down, but it only works if you have the link itself.
>>
>>1914894
so i could upload a bunch of expensive digital shit, sell the keys for small money and the worst case is that someone reports the key, the file gets deleted and I have to upload it again? sweet!

thanks for the explanations; i really need to keep an eye on sia.
>>
>>1914920
>so i could upload a bunch of expensive digital shit, sell the keys for small money and the worst case is that someone reports the key, the file gets deleted and I have to upload it again?
Yep, pretty much. It has great underground potential.
>>
File: download (4).png (374KB, 500x436px) Image search: [Google]
download (4).png
374KB, 500x436px
>>1913971
Ripple has quarterly reports man. Check on it from time to time.
>>
Jesus, sia is really blowing up.
reached the ath marketcap.
>>
>>1916468
Expect Storjx to follow within a few days. Always does.
>>
>>1913967
Sia was shilled here pretty frequently like 7/8 months ago, thats when i bought in :^)
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.