[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got approved for Merch today. I have a graphic design background

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: merch-1.png (22KB, 391x256px) Image search: [Google]
merch-1.png
22KB, 391x256px
Got approved for Merch today. I have a graphic design background so hoping this will be good for me.

The upload limit sucks though, its going to take quite a while to build up an inventory. Anyone here selling through Merch?
>>
Yo. How long did you wait? I'm trying to get in. I am an ex shirt printer, so this is pretty rad. I signed up last month.
>>
>>1911047
How do you get approved?
>>
>>1911047
Also waiting for approval. Taking forever. How long did it take you?
>>
OP here

Waited about a month. I think it may be a lottery system judging by what others have said
>>
>>1911486
Signed up in the same time frame. Lucky you though.

Question about executing on the idea:

Do you just upload the vector file to Amazon/Merch and they take care of the rest? OR do you have to apply more tact.

The strategy for me would be to hire a pajeet for a vector image and tell another assistant to upload it to the system.

I also work in automating systems to build wealth, so I want to ask if its potentially doable.
>>
>>1911526

This is my first foray into this kind of thing. I have design software/skills so creating images is no problem once I have ideas. The biggest hurdle as a creative person is leaving integrity behind and pumping out as much cliched, tacky shit as I possibly can.

Its a tiered system and you can't progress until you've made a certain amount of orders. As a newbie, you can only upload 2 files a day and can't move up to the next tier till you've sold 10 items. The higher up the tiers you go, the more items you are allowed to sell.

It would probably be worth automating once you get to the stage where you have 100s of designs but to begin with, it would be pointless.

My biggest hurdle will be figuring out marketing and keywords etc. I'm not great at that and might eventually find some freelancer to help me out. Many claim to have done zero marketing and still made bank. I'm not so sure.
>>
>>1911537
So Tier 1 is 25 designs, can be uploaded within 2 weeks.

Tier 2 is 100 Designs

You can spend 275$ on your own shirts to reach 25 shirts or purchase the difference.
>>
>>1911625

Tier 1 is 10 designs. Once you've sold 10, its 25. You can purchase your own yes. But once you hit your target, the upgrade to next tier is not immediate. Some have had to wait months apparently for the upgrade to happen. Amazon appear to be trying to prevent the inevitable surge that would happen if everyone piled in with hundreds of designs.

All the people who got in early before the upload limits came in are making the serious money. For everyone else now, its a long-term project to try and build things up slowly.

I'm probably too late to the party desu but fuck it, it costs zero so its worth it as a sideline
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.