[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much stock should I put in Glassdoor? I'm interviewing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Glassdoor_logo.png (32KB, 400x166px) Image search: [Google]
Glassdoor_logo.png
32KB, 400x166px
How much stock should I put in Glassdoor? I'm interviewing tomorrow with an employer that has an averaging rating of 2/5 stars with 12 reviews.
>>
Probably none.
Review sites are always filled by morons.

Furthermore working environments can vary pretty greatly between departments and managers.

I think to best assess an employer you should try to find a former or current employee of your future team and pick their brain.
>>
Everyone who posts on glass door got fired.
>>
>>1905758
the reviews are pretty consistent though

>>1905779
from the sounds of it, there is extreme turnover and no one can stand to be there for more than a few months
>>
>>1905779
are you retarded
>>
>>1905740
Well even within the IT department at my last job there were several divisions (applications, networking, security, DBAs, etc) so it's difficult to know if the review is relevant to you. Some of the overall statements have a grain of truth just keep in mind most reviews are made by former employees who either weren't happy and left or got "asked to leave" or flat out got fired
>>
I worked for the Canadian branch for an American company that was rated one of the top 10 worst companies to work for.

Wasn't as bad as they make it out to be. It really depends on your manager and department.

Go to the interview and ask for a tour around if you can. See if you can get a vibe.
>>
>>1905897
I'm only getting a phone interview so...
>>
The people who are most likely to review a company are whiners and people who got canned.

My company has piss awful reviews and working there is really great. Everyone works hard, but the environment is to die for.
>>
>>1905740

I have reviewed my past three companies on Glassdoor while still being an employee. I think it's important.

There's a lot of great info there. I'd say look out for recurring problems, and try to filter out outliers. Unless three or more people agree with a specific problem, I don't pay it any attention.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.