[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do transition to business to programming? Right now I make

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1431299721341.jpg (409KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1431299721341.jpg
409KB, 1920x1080px
How do transition to business to programming?

Right now I make about $80k as an analyst but I fucking hate it. Endless emails, presentations, bullshit interruptions, etc. The silver lining of my job is the opportunity to learn and experiment with different programming languages. I've developed scripts and produced small programs with the little spare time I have to eliminate repetitive tasks. I literally shaved hours off my daily workload. No one else in my department can do this and I feel severely underappreciated.

I'm in a weird spot. I'm not a complete beginner but I don't have the traditional programming background so I doubt anyone will hire me based on my credentials. Plus, I don't know anyone in the programming industry. Even now, I spend some time on the weekends filling in my gaps of knowledge. It'd be tough to take an entry level position and the pay cut that comes with it.

What can I do? Should I get certified in some way?
>>
i just wanted to see the picture. fuck your thread
>>
>>1899013
and those fucking fake acrylic nails ruin it anyway so fuck off
>>
Programming is a low level job that is even worse than being an analyst, anyone who isnt stupid can plow through a book of java/python, its not a marketable skill anymore and your goal is not to be one of the people who are not stupid but the ones who are good at something valuable

What you might want to transition into is IT/software project management or a system analyst which might mean youd have to go back to school to get that MBA if you havent already
>>
>>1899013
that's why I posted it

>>1899023
I prefer to not go back to school since I work so much as it is. Plus, the cost.....

Do you work in the industry?
>>
>>1899045
>I prefer not to invest time and money into transitioning into a job people spend considerable time and money to get into

Do you realize how stupid you sound
>>
>>1899000
Who is this perfect girl
>>
>>1899063

>>Not understanding my circumstances. Going back to school would cost a lot of money and would require me to change jobs as I wouldn't have time for both school and work. I'd """""""""prefer"""""""""""" another route.

wow, thank god you're here.
>>
>>1899000
>Endless emails, presentations, bullshit interruptions, etc.
i'm a programmer it's much the same.
>>
>>1899023
>its not a marketable skill anymore
well if you only plow through a few books you don't have any marketable programming skills that much is given.
>>
I'm looking going into programming. Currently developing a business related application. Looking to hire someone off up work or something to clean up a few things and then try to sell it. I don't really want to work at a software shop you'll end up making a calendar control in asp classic rather than stuff you want
>>
What kind of cryptocoin is programming? ????
Is it listed on polo or bittrex, I cant find it
>>
>>1899023

I made 137k last year making shitty CRUD apps and working like 2 hours per day. It's plenty marketable if you have any ability to market yourself. OP is probly already good enough to do it just from his small shitty scripts.

Go for it OP, build some shit, put it on github then apply everywhere and read Cracking the Coding Interview
>>
>>1899814
I'll work for you for free.
I'm almost done my CS degree and need some things on my resume.
>>
>>1899814
>you'll end up making a calendar control in asp classic rather than stuff you want
only if you suck ass.
and if you can't even make a decent calendar control that is actually reusable you suck too much ass to be a code monkey.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.