[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have been running a small business since 3 years. We've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: spy.jpg (13KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
spy.jpg
13KB, 400x400px
I have been running a small business since 3 years. We've made $20,000 in our first year, $35,000 in our second year and we're hoping to make $50,000 this year. It's a one man show so I don't have any overheads. However, now I'm thinking of ways to grow this thing to make some real money.

Am I gonna make it if I just remain as a nice guy? Or should I try some underhanded tactics such as spying on competitors to figure out their sales and customer acquisition strategy? I have a few errand boys who'll be willing to follow a few of their employees and watch where they go, who they talk to, and maybe even more than that.
>>
Just spend more on advertising and marketing.
>>
>>1897800
What sort of business OP? You sound like you're growing, no need to be shady
>>
>>1897800
Do some Porter forces analysis and take your measures
>>
>>1897846
I'm selling custom software and custom designed electronics to entrepreneurs and small businesses.

I have a competitor that reported $250K earnings last year on their income tax filing and I'm wondering how they managed to do that. Their website is absolutely shitty and full of spelling mistakes and I'm curious how they're getting the clients.

I'm not sure if what I plan to do counts as shady since I'd just call it business intelligence.
>>
>>1897800
Spying isn't necessarily underhanded. Your competitor's prices and customer base are not top secret information. In fact it's the sort of stuff they probably tell potential clients and bankers all the time.

I have a small business in a small city, I talk with my competitors regularly. We're friends, we work together on projects sometimes.

We can't legally discuss future work we intend to compete on, or future or current pricing, since these topics are illegal price-fixing. But we each know in general what the other charges and who they work for. Because we help each other out sometimes and compete with each other other times. And our prices aren't secret. In a lot of cases they're public information or something we flat out advertise.
>>
>>1897884
Perhaps they have been in the market for longer and have retained clients.
Advertise and visit/ check out these business see what you can learn/improve from their tactics and go from there, I wouldn't try anything shady like following employees or shit like that, little to be gain and reputation matters too
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.