[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you have any stories of people trying to get you into Multi-level

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: logo_amway_en.png (5KB, 278x100px) Image search: [Google]
logo_amway_en.png
5KB, 278x100px
Do you have any stories of people trying to get you into Multi-level marketing schemes?

I thought this detective I worked with when interning at my local PD was a smart guy until after he called me out of the blue for a job offer. He was very vague but at the time, I thought he wasn't an idiot and actually had a business on the side. So I met him and he started off with saying "Surround yourself with succesful people". I knew right there that it was a pyramid scheme. He spent 90% of the time telling me about random people who became sucessful and only 10% vaguely going over the actual "job". Finally, his "offer" ended telling me I needed $180 to get started and pay $50 later. I kind of feel bad for him because he just wanted to make money on the side to visit his son once a month, but then again I think that was bullshit because you could do that with a police's salary.

Anyway, what pisses me off the most about these fuckers are how delusional they are. I don't know if they actually believe the crap they bought into or are trying their hardest to pass the bomb onto the next person and get out. I had this one friend of mine message me after years to catch up and horribly turned the convo about his pyramid scheme. I rejected and told him I'm not interested in a job right now because I'm going to another place for uni and the fucker straight up says "Bro, I'm not offering you a job, I'm offering you a business". Hell even the detective was like "Why let someone else make money off of your work?". Its like once they do this shit, they think they are better than people who work a 9 to 5.

Tl;dr: If someone you knew messages you out of the blue, tell them to fuck off.
>>
>>1897663
I've was approached a few times before I got a real job (Primerica, Aflac, some other shit I'm blanking on.) A dead giveaway is any 'interview' with more than one candidate at a time.
>>
>>1897663

A few years back I helped a friend not fall for the Amway con.

I was working as a manager of a grocery shop at the time and she was a gas station attendant. She was a single girl, on the larger side and was so eager to get a dicking that she'd get wet at the sight of a tall man with a nice smile. She was generally business savvy but all precepts of logic were out the window this time.

Enter stage left one tall man with a sparkling smile, good car and a fistfull of bullshit ready to be peddled. One evening she excitedly messaged. It wasn't out of character for her to be happy but this seemed a bit eccentric.
>>
>>1897675
I feel like these people buy 1 good suit to make themselves look rich and then go back to a shitty apt and get in their dirty boxers waiting for phone calls
>>
ACN picked up my girlfriend in a Lamborghini to take her to one of their seminars.

A guy I know started getting really pushy about hanging out after he found out that I got a new job that doubled my income. I found out He was with WFG. He's one of their top guys.
>>
If anyone here is from Texas, have you guys heard of Ambit? It is some MLM where you sell an energy service, since Texas is one of the states with deregulated energy companies.

My friend has gotten into it, and I have no basis to stop him because his friend does it and has managed to make money doing it. And that kid's parents supposedly do it as well, and make good money.

I guess what I'm asking is, can MLM ever be a real, legitimate business model?
>>
>>1897727
Do you research. But to answer your question, I'm from Texas. The guy selling me Amway told me highly of its products. Like how XS is the #2 best selling Energy Drink, when I looked it up and XS didn't make it on the list. If they can bullshit that, I'm sure they can bullshit how much others make.

Look it up. If there are videos titled "Scam or legit?" Its a scam. The people who think its a scam will outright tell you. The people who don't will bait cautious people into watching and changing their minds. Also, pay attention to how all the videos are similar with their presentations.
>>
>>1897727

>can MLM ever be a real, legitimate business model?

It's literally a ponzi scheme
>>
A bunch of my female cousins have become rodan and fields "consultants." Had to block their posts on Facebook because they post non stop. It's all stupid shit they post. #minimalmakeupmondays

Then they post about how empowering it is to have your own business that truly sells a great product. One of my cousins posted a picture of her McMansion her husband paid for and said that it was a blessing she joined rodan and fields because she was able to finally afford the house of her dreams. Then she always posts stupid Instagram photos of her toddlers holding rodan and fields products like it's some kind of promotion.

She got my fucking sister in law into it too, who is a sucker for that shit and used to sell cutco knives and scentsy candles before this.

I hate this shit. One person gets rich by suckering others into wasting their money. Any company thay puts its priority on having you find others to join their organization is a scam. Might as well join the blessing loom.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.