[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm about to move to an area in Germany where the most wealthy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: wipf12.jpg (28KB, 528x362px) Image search: [Google]
wipf12.jpg
28KB, 528x362px
I'm about to move to an area in Germany where the most wealthy and rich people live. Now I'm thinking about how I could use this situation to earn some extra money. As someone who is not too bad in painting I thought I could try selling my art. Does anyone have experience with this? My plan is to make about 10 very nice paintings, create a (local) website with the option to visit my home and have a look at those paintings in real. Of course also handing out some flyers in the region as I could imagine that a lot of those richfags are old. The idea is to set the price already very high, maybe 300 or 400 euro. Do you think that might work out? Any more advices?

>pic related, but not mine
>>
>>1896865
Art has a few key points to it:

>You can guilt people you know into buying it, whether it's shit or not.
>You can sell it small time, if it's good (renting space in a local gallery or art shop on consignment or whatever).
>You can sell for insane amounts if you develop a reputation and get your work used as multimillion dollar money laundering tokens.

In any case, once your work is not shit, look for networking opportunities. Join the local art society. Reach out to any museum or gallery owners for coffee. See if the country club has a charity art auction you can donate your pieces to (I don't know German tax law, but in the US, charitable deductions are a big thing).
>>
>>1896865
what area?
>>
>>1896925
Thanks a lot, I appreciate your advices.
Actually the area seems to be famous for "art". At least in the past because currently most artists died out (or produce modern shit). So definitely gonna join their local art society, etc.

>>1896942
Fünfseenland
>>
>>1896865
Just suck cocks.
>>
>>1896955
You joke, but OP might have good luck banging cougars.

Give rich, bored housewives a tour of the studio, fuck, then sell them whatever shitty watercolor is laying around.

It's the artist lifestyle.
>>
>>1896973
This was always my dream
>>
Bump with hope for some more good advices
>>
>>1896925
>get your work used as multimillion dollar money laundering tokens
How does that work?
Let's say I have a couple millions from criminal activities, how would I use expensive paintings to launder it?
>>
>>1896865
>I'm about to move to an area in Germany where the most wealthy and rich people live.
What area do most of the rich Germans live in?
>>
>>1901326
Fünfseenland
>>
>>1901299
You've got dirty money, and want it moved to a clean person.

Clean person buys "Urinal Caked in Shit (2017)" by LaDouche for 50 million. A corrupt art dealer notices LaDouche's rising popularity and sets up a sale where you buy it from the clean person for 100 million. Corrupt art dealer earns a 1 million dollar commission

Playing with values like that can also help shift money to avoid capital controls, generate phony losses & gains for tax avoidance, and generate guffaws among the peasants.
>>
>>1901434
I don't get it.
You buy the piece using 100 millions of dirty money and no authority knows about it, then that money goes through the dealer, which certifies to the authorities that the enormous amount that just got into clean person's account is from the legal sale of the piece, and the money is now clean in their accounts. Correct?

Couldn't law enforcement follow the trail through the dealer and find out about your money and start asking you where it comes from?
>>
>>1901486
Correct.

Everyone in customs recognizes a dollar bill, no one recognizes pricey art.

Additionally, no other industry lets you say "private collection" bought from "private collection".

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/13/arts/design/art-proves-attractive-refuge-for-money-launderers.html

https://www.forbes.com/2003/04/08/cx_0408hot.html
>>
>>1901502
So if law enforcement notices that clean person got 100 millions more in the bank, investigate and find out that they came from the sale of a painting, then go ask the dealer about it, the dealer can just say "tough luck, It's a private collection!", and law enforcement would be left emptyhanded?

Can't they force the dealer to tell them?
>>
>>1896865
Tru like a few grand and hang them ina galery not your moms creepy basement?
>>
>>1901622
>So if law enforcement notices that clean person got 100 millions more in the bank

That's your first problem. Law enforcement cannot issue warrants for every person who buys seven(-plus) figure piece of artwork. That's just not allowed.

And even if they did ("fuck probable cause! let's piss off rich people too!"), they don't have the resources to track every art dealer down and sweat them for all their transactions (many dealers are totally clean, even the dirty ones might not be 100% dirty).

That's why money laundering requires a clean front. To not tip off the cops so they look your way and to not let them get a warrant into the dirtier side of the business.

If they do get to the dealer, the dealer doesn't have to keep any records or report any details aside from "private collection". If they sweat it out of him and he folds, he might still give the name of a dissolved shell company or make them investigate a designated front (sending a signal to the dirty party that they need to bury evidence).

The fact is, money laundering investigations often go the other way. The corrupt, embezzling official or high flying drug dealer gets investigated or pinched, law enforcement finds out where the money's going.
>>
>>1901711
Ah I see, thanks.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.