[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>decide to start looking for a job again >check indeed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: eee.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
eee.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>decide to start looking for a job again
>check indeed
>read job posting
>hmm that looks nice
>scroll to bottom of page
>"2983283498234 people have applied to this job"
>give up
>>
>>1896266

But America is a country of immigrants so let's bring in more competition.
>>
>>1896266
Just apply to 2983283498234 positions and you'll have a good shot at finding a job.

A good time saving tip is: fuck cover letters
>>
>>1896266
Go to GitHub
Search for job hunter
Run on Firefox v45

Mass apply to indeed easily apply jobs.
>>
>>1896266
>no skills
>no college
>no inheritance
>no social connections
Be scum, fight against scum. The types of job I apply never have more than 100 people who have applied.

I'm sure about 50% of those applicants are faggots like you who believe themselves to be worthy, that's why I get the job every single time.
>>
>>1897065
Shiettt
>>
>>1896266

>He doesn't lie on his resume
>He doesn't put down a friend as a manager of somewhere
>Have them call, tell them what a great worker you are
>Profit
>>
There is no point
>>
>>1897034
its certainly a good time saving tip but dont expect a HR person to read your application. or was this a tip to speed up the HRfags job?
>>
>>1897532
They're going to spend the same 6 seconds on your application whether you type up a cover letter or not. Optimize your resume for better results.
>>
>>1897544
they will actually read it if the application includes a cover letter. but yes modifying your resume to fit the job description helps as well
>>
>>1897546
You misunderstand me, I'm talking about modifying your resume to fit *every* job description. Don't invest any additional time customizing a resume for a specific company. Why? Because 90% of those applications came through some 3rd party recruiter anyway, and there would typically be no cover letter or optimization in that case anyway.

If I put in an hour typing up a cover letter and tweaking my resume for a Company A, that's 5 other companies I didn't apply to in that time.

Last time I was job hunting I had 2 offers in 3 weeks. It's volume, not conversion rate that gets you places because there's a lot more achievable upside on volume than conversion rate.
>>
>>1897575
ive only applied for engineering jobs so its always been essential to add a cover letter, and given that there isnt many jobs available in my specific field i always take the time to do a solid application. same thing applies to graduate positions. im currently employed but job prospects for recent graduates is looking rather grim atm, so you might as well be shooting yourself in the foot by leaving a cover letter out of the application

if you're applying to shit like fast food and supermarkets then yeah i wouldnt even bother with a cover letter. as you said volume would definitely be key here, recruiters arent even going to bother reading most of your resume let alone a cover letter rofl

>3rd party recruiter

cant stand this shit
>>
>>1897599
>fast food and supermarkets
All I know is that it works in Data Science/Analytics just as well.

If your field is small enough that you can afford to write a cover letter, by all means do so. Maybe the pool of candidates is small enough that a hiring manager will actually sit down and read your cover letter.

Get the feeling that isn't the case for OP.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.