[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/biz/ what's the best advice you could give a 23 year old

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
/biz/ what's the best advice you could give a 23 year old (non neet) that wants to move out of his parent's house?
>>
Buy Ark
>>
>>1892486

Get an emergency fund
Work out whether you will rent or buy
Figure out logistics of both
Learn to cook, clean and overall take care of yourself
>>
>>1892486
Rent a cheap apartment with friends or find roommates. Save money. Tavel. Live life.
>>
>>1892498

Fuck yeah
>>
>>1892486

Go ahead and do it, assuming you have the financial means to do so.

Honestly, what did you expect us to say, given the lack of any other information?

Save as much as you can, maximise your income through a raise, promotion, additional hours or a side hustle. If you're going to rent, check the walls for damp first and go through the contract with a microscope. Sharing with housemates is cheaper but may send you insane. If you can afford to mortgage your own property you should do so.
>>
>>1892498
lol the shills are best thing to happen to this board i laugh everytime someone say buy x
>>
Invest all your funds in a pumpndump scamcoin
>>
>>1892486
Be in a career stream with possibility of promotion or moving up the payscale. Don't move out and work behind a bar and stay there for 10 years.
>>
>>1892534
>>1892692
>>1892502
Thanks guys, i was expecting more shotposting, so i really appreciate your input.
>>
>>1892486
Be really, really frugal. Living on your own can make or break you. If you're not careful you will fall behind with payments, accumulate cc debt and ruin your life for many years. Conversely if you learn to be responsible with money at this time, you will have a really easy, simple life.

On how to do this:
Read mrmoneymustache and other blogs about frugality. Live close to work, cook for yourself, save on heating by exercising and dressing warm, save on AC by not being a little bitch. Ride a bike or walk. Delay every not essential purchase for next month. Do not collect any shit. Aim for free entertainment and inexpensive hobbies.
>>
>>1892498
OR RUST!
>>
>>1892486
If you're gonna live on your own: plan activities with friends, get active in local interest groups, sports,...

You're used to being around other people a lot. Don't underestimate the impact of going from that to spending lots of time alone.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.